DART

PrtLng Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Cool concept., Impact has to be made pretty far from earth so the instantaneous deflection in trajectory becomes big enough down the road to miss earth's gravitational tug.

Reactions: Zenophile

ManxomeLion

Aug 24, 2017
Cool concept., Impact has to be made pretty far from earth so the instantaneous deflection in trajectory becomes big enough down the road to miss earth's gravitational tug.
True. Detection and early warning would seem to be key, redundant units being available as well. I world imagine at such a far distance even a 1 degree change might be sufficient.
Just incredible some of the things they're able to pull off.

Reactions: Zenophile
Oct 12, 2021
English please...🧐
Slant 6 is the engine and 3 on the tree is the manual shift pattern of some of those models. If you google "slant 6 3 on the tree" you'll find lots on Dodge Dart models with that engine and shift pattern. My father had one. The shifter was on the steering column. The slant 6 is something of a legendary engine for its durability. They run forever. The comments in the youtube vid say it all about that engine.

Last edited:

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Didn't reply earlier, just got back fro Wills Eye Hospital in Philly, had some food and read some of the board.

Thank you MN, thought i was going to see X's & O's....
As for motor heads, many were my friends in town. They were into cars, I was into sports.

My sister in law had an orange 70' Dodge Super Bee, loved driving that.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021
Didn't reply earlier, just got back fro Wills Eye Hospital in Philly, had some food and read some of the board.

Thank you MN, thought i was going to see X's & O's....
As for motor heads, many were my friends in town. They were into cars, I was into sports.

My sister in law had an orange 70' Dodge Super Bee, loved driving that.
I'm a little younger than you step, but I vividly remember the teenage kids and some older in the neighborhood competing with one another in the late 60s and early 70s. Our neighborhood was a heavy Chevy SS neighborhood, although there were all of the other usual suspects too - GTOs, Chargers, Corvettes, etc... My brother (RIP) had an outlier - a 1969 AMX fastback with the American Motors 396. It was a sweet ride. My brother didn't participate in any street races, but a lot of that was going on at the time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: step.eng69