Dean losses

derks

Nov 1, 2021
I am a big fan of Max Dean and would appreciate those with more wrestling knowlede then me sharing their thoughts on what happened in his two consecutive losses.

• Love
Reactions: My Master

My Master

Nov 23, 2021
I am a big fan of Max Dean and would appreciate those with more wrestling knowlede then me sharing their thoughts on what happened in his two consecutive losses.
Yeah, two in a row makes you wonder if something else is going on.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
I my opinion he is still a 184 lber wrestling 197. He may walk around close to 197, but he is wrestling guys that walk around at 225. That being said, as the season progresses losing that much weight takes a toll on your body. Also tournament time, you have to weigh in multiple times on consecutive days. Dean will be fine, tournament time is what matters.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
In my opinion, he doesn’t generate a lot of offense from his feet, which leads to close matches against good competition. So he lost two very close matches against two tough guys in early December. He’s fine. He’s fine even if he loses this weekend to a tough kid, and he’ll be fine even if he loses to Warner in Iowa. He’ll be fine because he’s a veteran and very smart, he’s a terrific wrestler who’s tough as hell, he’s got his brother to work with him, and he’s got the best coaches and training partners around.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Max shines when the bright lights come on. Was it in Pittsburgh when he took out Myles Martin to help us win nationals?

Last edited:
Reactions: headlock

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
Wrestling is hard. That's all there really is to it. He wrestled two very good guys and came up short. We have to remember that all of our guys always dominating is not something that is normal in wrestling. Our guys have normalized it for PSU fans over the last 10 years but guys lose. Max will be fine. He will generate a lot of points for us at nationals whether he wins a title or not which will help us win another team title. I am also confident he can repeat as a champ. Our staff is the best at correcting any issues and preparing guys for March.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Wrestling is hard. That's all there really is to it. He wrestled two very good guys and came up short. We have to remember that all of our guys always dominating is not something that is normal in wrestling. Our guys have normalized it for PSU fans over the last 10 years but guys lose. Max will be fine. He will generate a lot of points for us at nationals whether he wins a title or not which will help us win another team title. I am also confident he can repeat as a champ. Our staff is the best at correcting any issues and preparing guys for March.
Well said, Karl!

StickEm

Oct 30, 2021
IMO, there are 5-10 guys capable of winning the 197 lb weight class. If you are gonna lose, now is the best time so you can learn and improve. Max will tighten things up and improve over the course of this year and be ready for Nationals, barring injury. I feel confident in Max and our coaches to get Max ready. With that said, I expect a few nail biters at Nationals.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Is there any truth to the rumor that Beard perhaps transfers back to PSU after Dean is out of eligibility?

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
Is there any truth to the rumor that Beard perhaps transfers back to PSU after Dean is out of eligibility?
I’ve heard the rumor as well. Be great to have him back for 2 season’s. We need an elite 197 after this season and Michael Beard always loved PSU.

Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I’ve heard the rumor as well. Be great to have him back for 2 season’s. We need an elite 197 after this season and Michael Beard always loved PSU.
The rumor I heard was he wanted to pursue international wrestling after college and there’s currently no better place to do that than PSU/NLWC.

Reactions: Spinpsu

Latest posts