Did you Covid-Test your visiting Turkey Day guests?

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
It is recommended protocol by some....

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
It is recommended protocol by some....

No. We’re all vaccinated - kids have had their first shots. Daughter had three COVID tests yesterday for school and extra curricular activities. I can’t imagine having a guest over you don’t know well enough to not invite because of vaccination status and/or have to confront.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
No. We’re all vaccinated - kids have had their first shots. Daughter had three COVID tests yesterday for school and extra curricular activities. I can’t imagine having a guest over you don’t know well enough to not invite because of vaccination status and/or have to confront.
Same here, all of the adults at my parents were vaccinated and most had their boosters (except me but I am getting my booster next week). No one even had to ask because we all openly discuss this stuff but most of us work in health care or education so this stuff comes up in regular conversation. My kids are 7, 8 and 10 and haven’t been vaccinated yet. I was going to wait a little bit. I hope your experience for the kids was good. The second graders I work with seem to have been fine after the first dose so far.

Reactions: Midnighter

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
My idiot cousin and her family didnt come because she didn't think everyone was vaccinated. Of course I say idiot because when one of our uncles died of 'covid' (very overweight and other issues) she went on a social media rampage calling him out for 'hurting his family because of politics' insinuating he was not vaccinated because he was a trumper. Well the dumb ***** was wrong on both counts, glad her *** didn't come.

Reactions: helixville

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
My idiot cousin and her family didnt come because she didn't think everyone was vaccinated. Of course I say idiot because when one of our uncles died of 'covid' (very overweight and other issues) she went on a social media rampage calling him out for 'hurting his family because of politics' insinuating he was not vaccinated because he was a trumper. Well the dumb ***** was wrong on both counts, glad her *** didn't come.
Was she wrong? Was everyone vaccinated?

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
Funny you should ask that.... We got more than halfway to our Thanksgiving venue and my wife gets a text from a friend that she got covid and had been in a meeting with my wife earlier in the week. We almost turned around--but found a CVS that sold quick tests (as our hosts had older folks with health issues attending). An hour later we were back on our way. But it was touch and go for a bit.

Kahuna

Oct 25, 2021
Hilarious that your “daughter had three COVID tests yesterday for school and extra curricular activities” and that doesn’t bother you.
Next time use the first COVID test in lieu of subsequent daily tests.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Didn't even come up once in conversation, not even the new Omicron variant heading towards the US.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Hilarious that your “daughter had three COVID tests yesterday for school and extra curricular activities” and that doesn’t bother you.
Next time use the first COVID test in lieu of subsequent daily tests.

Yeah, doesn't work like that. One test was a take home PCR test we had to administer and send to a clinic so she could participate in a performance this weekend (this test was given to us by the company she is performing with and the results are sent directly to them); the other test was one we conducted at home because she had been sniffling and complaining of stuffiness and difficulty smelling/tasting, so we tested her with an at home kit (results in 15 minutes) just to be sure before conducting and sending off the other test off for testing (all negative). She did another in the car at CVS with her brother who needed to get one to be able to go to the performance this weekend (that was a back-up for us in case there were issues with the other test). We have family visiting and spent a lot of money on tickets for the event this weekend and wanted to be as prepared/careful as possible. So, doesn't bother me, or her, who has near-weekly tests at school (and she's been in person for the past two years).

helixville

Oct 12, 2021
I guess I'm "lucky". We get to do "two" thanksgivings every year. One with my family at lunch and evening dinner with the in-laws. I would say about 20ish people at both get togethers . Would say about half are vaccinated both in my family and the in-laws. Interesting debate amongst the female sides. I tried to stay under the radar and just drank beer (more than usual). Tired of the ********. I'm vaxxed. Don't judge if you are or not and I really don't want to hear your reasons why.

Reactions: aferrelli

Latest posts