Do you agree or disagree?

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Yes, but Beamer is also fighting the NIL deficiency. Muschamp for the most part, did not have to deal with NIL. It's a real problem for most schools who go up against the schools who have the deep pocket corporate sponsors. Did you take a look at this link that I posted on my first message? Now its legal to pay players.
If NIL money were as important as you think it is, A&M wouldn't have fired Jimbo, they would be celebrating yet another national championship that they alternate winning with Texas and Oregon. Kirby is well known for NOT giving big NIL money to recruits and he is recruiting lights out. Look at the recruiting rankings over the last 15 years, we are pretty much in the same place every year regardless of who the coach is. 15th to 20th is sort of the historic spot for us. Unfortunately, that usually equates to the bottom half of the SEC and now Texas and OU will move above us in the conference rankings.

Carolina is not broke when it comes to NIL. Bemoaning lack of NIL money is a crutch. Beamer was able to get Harbor because he was likely the only coach who agreed to let him switch to WR, a position he had never played before, and to skip Spring practice to run track. Do you think other school's coaches don't develop relationships with players years in advance and build personal connections? Beamer doesn't have some secret sauce that no one else has ever thought of when it comes to recruiting. Top players want to go to winning programs, success breeds success and Beamer isn't winning.

FlebusJones

Joined Aug 29, 2011
Jan 19, 2022
If NIL money were as important as you think it is, A&M wouldn't have fired Jimbo, they would be celebrating yet another national championship that they alternate winning with Texas and Oregon. Kirby is well known for NOT giving big NIL money to recruits and he is recruiting lights out. Look at the recruiting rankings over the last 15 years, we are pretty much in the same place every year regardless of who the coach is. 15th to 20th is sort of the historic spot for us. Unfortunately, that usually equates to the bottom half of the SEC and now Texas and OU will move above us in the conference rankings.

Carolina is not broke when it comes to NIL. Bemoaning lack of NIL money is a crutch. Beamer was able to get Harbor because he was likely the only coach who agreed to let him switch to WR, a position he had never played before, and to skip Spring practice to run track. Do you think other school's coaches don't develop relationships with players years in advance and build personal connections? Beamer doesn't have some secret sauce that no one else has ever thought of when it comes to recruiting. Top players want to go to winning programs, success breeds success and Beamer isn't winning.
I think I understand your points as follows:

1. Funding from NIL is irrelevant as long as you have a reasonable amount. 10th in the league in funding or so is enough NIL to be a big winner now.

2. Our historical head coaches are a commodity for recruiting because regardless of what they do, recruiting will be the same.

3. Beamer didn't have a winning season in year 3 and was only 16th in recruiting the year before so we've "been sold a bill of goods".

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I enjoy following the team and think Beamer can get us over the hump. I think regimenting the NIL process with some type of player salary cap will make for a better product across college football and help level the playing field.

Spurrier, the current gold standard for our coaches, didn't have a breakthrough year until year 6 (9 and 5 record) year 7 (11-2 record) so I don't think it is time to panic with Beamer.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Latest posts