Do You Want A New Apparel Provider For SC When The Under Armour Deal Ends?

tylerhead

Feb 9, 2023
With the news that Auburn is switching to Nike, would you like to see SC get a new provider when the UA deal ends in a few years? If so why?

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
It is coming: Someone I know that is a sports rep said that UA is struggling more than folks realize. He said that Nike is making so much in other areas that they are able to invade the HS world. They offer rebates and percentages off of stuff sold to HS, but it gets more of the brand out.

Some football players that I know that have worn both have liked the fit of the Nike jersey better. However, if you keep up with MLB, you can see all kinds of articles about player complaints about the cheap feel of the new Nike jersey.

That said, I much prefer UA clothing and tote/bookbags over Nike. Quite frankly, the UA black unis look really good. Shoes… I tend to stay away from both; UA isn’t comfortable and Nike is overpriced for what you get.

I do believe that UA put up a good battle in the beginning, but I do think we are seeing the end of their influence.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I understand the founder of UA has taken back day-to-day management of the company. I've heard about quality issues with the shoes and that wearing them gives rise to injuries, but I've never owned any. If this is the issue more than money, maybe the founder can get a handle on it.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
My favorite shoes: Hoka & Asecs
My favorite Athletic Wear: Addidas for workouts & Nike Dress Shorts & Shirts for casual evenings out.
My favorite tote/Backpack: Nike
My favorite hats: Nike Golf Hats/Sun Visors
My favorite Wear for Cold winter Nites out: Adidas Joggers with Carolina & UT sweatshirts w/mock neck

I guess for me, it's a cross between Addidas and Nike. I can't compromise on shoes as Hoka and Asces are the best runners and hikers for me.

One thing I give Nike credit for was coming up with Men's athletic pants and shorts that are business casual. I never wear a suit anymore so it's business casual for me all the way. I've never lost a client or a deal when dressed in athletic wear. LOL

Last edited:

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
One thing I give Nike credit for was coming up with Men's athletic pants and shorts that are business casual. I never wear a suit anymore so it's business casual for me all the way. I've never lost a client or a deal when dressed in athletic wear. LOL
No such thing as business-casual shorts. Whatever works for your business, but that's just casual.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
No such thing as business-casual shorts. Whatever works for your business, but that's just casual.
Nike Chino golf shorts I wear to business meetings, with polo shirts, never had a problem...it's business casual for me... 😘🙃

SuperCock99

Dec 11, 2023
I like UA clothing over all other major brands. If Carolina goes to Nike or Adidas, I just won’t buy much apparel.

Reactions: will110

gamecocks94

Jan 18, 2022
When does the UA contract expire? I really don't have a preference in what apparel company we use, but I know I'm ready for a refresh on the football uniforms. I haven't been fan of these since we started wearing them.

Gamecock72

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Jan 24, 2022
When does the UA contract expire? I really don't have a preference in what apparel company we use, but I know I'm ready for a refresh on the football uniforms. I haven't been fan of these since we started wearing them.
I believe at the end of June 2026. But can start negotiations with others starting July 2025.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
With the news that Auburn is switching to Nike, would you like to see SC get a new provider when the UA deal ends in a few years? If so why?
Doesn't make any difference to me. UA, Nike, Adidas, Russell, Hutch, Spyder, Descente, North Face, Hurley, Hooey, Cinch, Sitka, whatever. If the clothing meets our coaches' standards, who am I to disagree? For the rest of us, they are just fashion brands any way.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I like Under Armour and always have. I think it's cool to not be one of many Nike schools.

Reactions: Patriot321

muscleknight

Jan 20, 2022
I always heard that UA cleets caused a lot of injuries. I wonder if there is a stat on injuries using UA equipment vs the others. If there is then I'm for dumping UA.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Nike is pure marketing, their actual products are cheap Chinese crap. That said, college athletic departments are the biggest whores on the planet. If Nike offers them more money they would have their football team playing in slip ons with the Nike logo on them.

Reactions: Uscg1984

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Nike is pure marketing, their actual products are cheap Chinese crap. That said, college athletic departments are the biggest whores on the planet. If Nike offers them more money they would have their football team playing in slip ons with the Nike logo on them.

That's the issue with Nike - they don't pay out and their customer service for the department is atrocious. Nike believes that schools are lucky to wear their gear. UA pays a lot, because that's what you have to do to overcome the strangle hold Nike has.

Adidas is stradling the line. They still pay bigger departments, but not as much as UA because they have a decent market share.

4E2Thee

Joined Apr 1, 2016
Feb 1, 2022
ANYONE WHO CAN BE CONSISTENT IN MATCHING THE CORRECT GARNET COLOR!!!!

Hate wearing a Shirt and a Hat and them be nowhere near the same damn color...

Reactions: USCClassof1974

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
Who the hell cares what YOU think about tote/book bags...? Are you serious? Take your butt back to your Tupperware party.
I give a hell, you don’t have to. Didn’t ask your opinion, don’t need it.

When I fly, I take my UA book bag as my personal item and my duffel/tote as my carry on. They have held up much better than my Nike stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: Thunderstick

HTCock

Jan 29, 2022
I give a hell, you don’t have to. Didn’t ask your opinion, don’t need it.

When I fly, I take my UA book bag as my personal item and my duffel/tote as my carry on. They have held up much better than my Nike stuff.
Love the UA back pack that my children gave me for Christmas. I use it as a brief case and it's high quality. Never tried the shoes. Not a fan of "plastic" polos from any of the brands. Cotton or bust for me ( I know that makes me an old man!). I've had a couple of football jerseys to wear for our annual church "turkey bowl" and they seem great. We finally have "classic" Carolina Football uniforms and I hope we'll stick with them regardless. I wouldn't care too much about a switch, but I think UA probably gets a bad wrap in terms of quality. I do like the look of Nike basketball shoes much better - and if we could get them to wear the same color....

Latest posts