Duke University Appreciation Thread

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Sign me up. Can’t see any of it but listening. This is too good to be true!!! Please hang on Dookies!!

WontSayMuch

Oct 23, 2022
Thank you for salvaging Week 1 for me. I feel so much better about College Football right now. Don’t feel great, because we got issues. But a hell of a lot bette than I did on Saturday.

Thanks Duke!
Went into the night thinking why couldn't we have just played Duke. Nevermind. Don't think I ever felt this good after a loss.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
I’m worried about that Riley guy. He’s got Shipley, Williams, Collins and a decent o-line. I know their receivers in the past couldn’t catch Covid in an Emergency Room waiting area but he will fix that by day one…….. wait… turning on the tv….. what? They hammered by Duke?????🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Sorry Clemson fans, couldn’t resist.

Reactions: DaboSits2PeePee

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Yes, we lost because we can’t block, they lost because of turn overs. They can clean that up but their passing game again doesn’t look like it can generate big plays. Can we scheme better on the o-line? I don’t know. We are another injury or 2 away from even being able to field an o-line.

Reactions: Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Yes, we lost because we can’t block, they lost because of turn overs. They can clean that up but their passing game again doesn’t look like it can generate big plays. Can we scheme better on the o-line? I don’t know. We are another injury or 2 away from even being able to field an o-line.
Wrong thread for this. This is about appreciating Duke kicking that a$$. 45 other threads to question our problems! 🤣

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
They didn’t lose bc of turnovers. They lost bc their offense sucked and their D isn’t good enough to carry the team like it has in the past. Sure, the turnovers made the game lopsided. But that wasn’t a good team, even without the turnovers.

TigerFan1983

Sep 4, 2023
Thank you for salvaging Week 1 for me. I feel so much better about College Football right now. Don’t feel great, because we got issues. But a hell of a lot better than I did on Saturday.

Thanks Duke!
I
Thank you for salvaging Week 1 for me. I feel so much better about College Football right now. Don’t feel great, because we got issues. But a hell of a lot better than I did on Saturday.

Thanks Duke!
I’m glad we could be of assistance.😂😂

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
A game of turnovers...funny thing is, it was a Duke turnover on special teams that set up Clemson's lone score of the game. This could've been a 28-0 Duke win if it wasn't for that. Tiger fans can't bemoan the turnovers that much, as a result......

Reactions: Backyard Archer

NA Gamecock

Sep 2, 2023

Thanks Duke!
In as much as Duke played well, Taters looked like crude … great to see. If Duke didn’t fumble near their own 20 the Taters would have been shut out. Nice

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
I didn’t expect that and it’s awesome, but it doesn’t make me feel any better about Carolina losing and having an O line that looks like a JV unit.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
My brother is a Clemson fan. I was chatting with him last week and said "I miss the good old days when you could count on Clemson missing a couple field easy goals against Wake or Ga Tech and end up losing the game."

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The worrisome part for me, if I'm a Clemson fan, is that it was deep into the 3rd quarter and they still only had 7 points, even before the turnovers started. And they would have been shut out in the first half if not for Duke muffing the point and giving Clemson the ball in the red zone. Even if they had the missed FG, they would have only had 10 points at halftime, which is not what they were expecting from the Riley offense.

The other worrisome part is that Klubnik looks to be just a pretty good QB so far if you look at the bowl game and this game.

But it's Game 1. A lot can change.