Early Bowl Prediction

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
Brandon Smith misses 8 tackles, Brown with a late hit OOB, no run blocking, Stout misses 2 kicks, James stands on sideline with arms crossed, coaches make no adjustments, Clifford looks slow, Porter with 3 PI calls, RBs can’t hit open hole (if there is one), and we find a way to lose to a team we should beat.

Yeah I know, going out on a limb there.

JoeBot409

Oct 26, 2021
Brandon Smith misses 8 tackles, Brown with a late hit OOB, no run blocking, Stout misses 2 kicks, James stands on sideline with arms crossed, coaches make no adjustments, Clifford looks slow, Porter with 3 PI calls, RBs can’t hit open hole (if there is one), and we find a way to lose to a team we should beat.

It will be a Kentucky like performance. Where we make Bennie Snell look like Derrick Henry.

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
I hope there is no score since this team and coaches don’t deserve to go to one.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I'd love to head back to the Bronx for a bowl game. That atmosphere was electric

It was fun. But the game won’t be a gimme. Watching Penn State football is like eating a box of chocolates - you never know what you’re gonna get. But likely a loss to an inferior team.

PSUForever

Nov 6, 2021

I think you nailed it but missed the obvious. We get stuffed on two 4 and 1s to kill promising drives both inside the 15. Meanwhile we give up a 4th and 20 for a TD and the capper is we allow 3 straight 3rd and 8 or more plays and a 4th and 10 on the last game losing drive. The last 4th down conversion of course being the game winning TD with 10 seconds left for some crap team who we should beat by 4 TDs if we had a remotely competent coaching staff.

Reactions: Whart

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
I think you nailed it but missed the obvious. We get stuffed on two 4 and 1s to kill promising drives both inside the 15. Meanwhile we give up a 4th and 20 for a TD and the capper is we allow 3 straight 3rd and 8 or more plays and a 4th and 10 on the last game losing drive. The last 4th down conversion of course being the game winning TD with 10 seconds left for some crap team who we should beat by 4 TDs if we had a remotely competent coaching staff.
Good call. Thanks for the assist. I missed what’s right in front of me. I must be a starting Olineman on this team or Brandon Smith.

I also forgot that James will go for it on 4th and 4 from our own 30 but punt on 4th and 6 inches from their 40.

• Haha
Reactions: Psu00

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021

CUTE

Phoenix lion

Oct 29, 2021

Where did this Porter's our best cover corner guy come from, and he'll be leaving for the NFL? has been very disappointing. He may have long arms; use them to knock down passes not wrap around receivers.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
will they bring in Authur Murray dance instructors to teach better backfield dancing for Keyvone? Why he is not taught to lower his head and plow forward on short yardage is beyond him. And have a TE push him from behind.
The thing I don't get is Lee did not do that last year. He was the definition of a plant his foot and go runner. I'm at a loss for it.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Good call. Thanks for the assist. I missed what’s right in front of me. I must be a starting Olineman on this team or Brandon Smith.

I also forgot that James will go for it on 4th and 4 from our own 30 but punt on 4th and 6 inches from their 40.
I have no problem with him punting and pinning them at the half yard line. My problem starts with defense giving up a 99.5 yard TD drive.
Worst defensive performance since last year, followed quickly by another lousy OL performance. Yea I thought it was that bad.

Karl_Racki

Oct 31, 2021
My wife has relatives in Vegas and they called tonight and asked if we wanted to stay with them and go to the Las Vegas Bowl on Dec 30th. They said Penn State is expected to be one of the teams. We'll see.
We are right now 8th in the Big Ten, only Maryland is behind us. Purdue, Wisky, and Minny are all 6-3 in Big Ten. I think LV bowl sailed off today.

I think it's NY, Detroit, or Arizona (and I think the Rate bowl will take a Big Ten West team, probably Purdue vs Texas Tech)

Reactions: traverse bay blue1

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
We are right now 8th in the Big Ten, only Maryland is behind us. Purdue, Wisky, and Minny are all 6-3 in Big Ten. I think LV bowl sailed off today.

I think it's NY, Detroit, or Arizona (and I think the Rate bowl will take a Big Ten West team, probably Purdue vs Texas Tech)
I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us jump Purdue and/or Minnesota in the pecking order. Plus the fact that we likely put one team in the playoff, one in the Rose, and a good shot at a third in another NY6 game.

I think Vegas would be a realistic landing spot for us.

Reactions: Whart

Mr. Nickels 11

Nov 1, 2021

You forgot John Lovett will have either 3 dropped passes, a fumble, or both and we will ice our own kicker and Jordan Stout will be special teams player of the week

Last edited:
Reactions: psuno1

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021

Groudhog day all over again.

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
Where did this Porter's our best cover corner guy come from, and he'll be leaving for the NFL? has been very disappointing. He may have long arms; use them to knock down passes not wrap around receivers.
Yeah his not a DE, his is a CB

lbujoe33

Nov 8, 2021

Brandon Smith may be the most overrated linebacker in college football. Pinegar should be kicking 45 and in field goals and extra points. The favoritism has cost us games. Clifford is slow. Porter is good, most of those calls are bogus. They are fueled by teams calling into Big Ten and telling officials to watch him. Franklin can't motivate his teams. He sits there and does nothing. The play calling is pathetic . We should have passed on every down.Ohio State carved them up with the pass.

UncleRoyBiggins

Oct 12, 2021

Don't forget fourth and goal, Franklin pulls his 3 best playmakers and let's a field goal kicker try to run the ball 9 yards.

Oct 13, 2021

You forgot that one of the RB's will totally whiff on a delayed blitzer leading to 14 tasting the turf (again). Rest assured, Franklin will be standing there clueless with his arms crossed.

Oct 13, 2021
will they bring in Authur Murray dance instructors to teach better backfield dancing for Keyvone? Why he is not taught to lower his head and plow forward on short yardage is beyond him. And have a TE push him from behind.

All the backs do it. Seeing how consistent it is, it must be coached. Seriously.

Reactions: leinbacker