Encouraging words from Luke-

mo.st.dukie

Junior
Jan 20, 2007
4,460
311
0
Who knows, maybe they'll emerge from the adversity a better and closer team than had all this not happened. I know everybody loves to say there's no such thing as a good loss or that you can learn just as much from winning as you do from losing but I'm not sure that's true. I think in basketball, just like in life, adversity and struggle can help a person see and approach things differently and be better off for it. Having to go through hell and fight through it can teach a person a lot. But there is a flip side, it can also crush a person. It just depends on the individual.
 

timo0402

Heisman
Feb 24, 2009
13,868
13,709
57
Who knows, maybe they'll emerge from the adversity a better and closer team than had all this not happened. I know everybody loves to say there's no such thing as a good loss or that you can learn just as much from winning as you do from losing but I'm not sure that's true. I think in basketball, just like in life, adversity and struggle can help a person see and approach things differently and be better off for it. Having to go through hell and fight through it can teach a person a lot. But there is a flip side, it can also crush a person. It just depends on the individual.
This is truly the one thing we don't know, I've been saying that a lot over the last couple weeks. How a person responds to adversity, pressure, difficulties in life or in sport- everyone is different, and we do not yet know what these guys are made of. We'll find out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

Gus Polinski

All-Conference
Nov 24, 2006
808
1,793
0
I don't know any of the names you speak of. My info doesn't come from anybody related to the Duke program.
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Australian point guard Luke Paul commits to Duke
  2. 02 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Football My Take: Threefold silver linings for Duke, now obvious
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Watch: New Big J & Little J Show breaks down this weekend's romp and the first 4 games