Eustachy hired at USM-posted by newsdog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered(d)

Hattiesburg, Miss. (AP) - Former Iowa State head basketball coach Larry Eustachy is back to basketball, having recently been named the head coach at the University of Southern Mississippi.

Eustachy cited the school's fine academic reputation and long tradition of basketball excellence as factors in his decision to accept the job. "I'm used to no-confidence votes," quiped Eustachy. Proximity to New Orleans is also a plus for Eustachy, a habitual groper of coeds.

During his visit to Hattiesburg, Eustachy was "entertained" by former USM student and "Real World" alum Trishelle. "I just wanted to show him how us college girls party in Hattiesburg," Trishelle said. The evening included strip teases, body shots, and lots of girl-on-girl action. "Larry and me are gonna get married one day," a still-drunken Trishelle said the following afternoon.

Eustachy was evidently pleased by the all-night romp, arriving late Thursday morning to sign his contract, unshaven and reeking of cigarettes and alcohol.

"I almost kicked him out of my office, he stunk so bad," said USM President Shelby Thames, "but he swore he'd let me drink with him after I get fired." Thames, who recently received a no-confidence vote from the faculty, was clearly excited by the prospect of having a friend in Hattiesburg.

Eustachy was not at all concerned about the difficult task of building the USM basketball program into a contender. "It'll take at least three years to get us competitive, and I'll be fired for making out with coeds long before then."

Richard Williams could not be reached for comment on this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.