Eye Opening Article- It’s pretty clear Sandusky is most likely Innocent

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
There is zero, zero evidence that Sandusky’s emeritus status emerged from the Board of Trustees. You can review the evidence for yourself. It’s all in the Freeh Report.

Exhibit 2G is an undated typewritten list titled “Retirement Requests,” presumably from Sandusky. It contains Paterno’s handwritten notations. Item 1 reads, “An office and telephone,” with the handwritten notation “OK.” Item 5 reads, “Access to training and workout facilities.” There’s a checkmark next to it, with a notation that reads “Is this for personal use or 2nd Mile kids - no to 2nd Mile liability purposes.”

Exhibit 3H is a letter addressed to Jerry from Tim Curley, and is also signed by Gary Schultz, dated June 29, 1999, entitled “Retirement Perquisites.” Item 4 reads, “The University will permit you to use, at no charge, a locker, weight rooms, fitness facilities and training room in the East Area locker room complex. This benefit will continue for the balance of your lifetime.” Item 6 reads, “For a period of ten (10) years, commencing July 1, 1999, and subject to renewal upon concurrence of both parties, you will be given an office and a phone in the East Area locker room complex for purposes of the [collaborative positive outreach arrangement between Penn State Athletics and the Second Mile] referenced in no. 5 above.”

Exhibit 3I is a string of emails between Bob Secor and Rodney Erickson, circa August 1999. Bob Secor writes to Erickson, in part, “but we are in a bind. Apparently, Graham told [redacted - presumably Jerry] that we would do this - he was wholly within his rights here since the policy says ‘The President may grant or deny Emeritus Rank on an exception basis’ - then informed Tim, who suggested going through the college and went to Barbara, who then made the request of us. …” Erickson writes back, “Let’s go ahead and grant it if Graham has already promised it. We can hope that not too many others take that careful notice. These requests would have to come through the deans in any case, and I can’t imagine many deans lobbying for assistant professors.”

But, crucially, Jerry’s access to football facilities - both the office AND the weight room/locker rooms, was granted by Curley and signed off on by Schultz (no doubt with Spanier’s approval) more than a month before any of the emeritus stuff played out with the provost’s office.
You lost me and all credibility when you're using the Freeh Report as your trustable source.

Corneliuswonder

Nov 1, 2021
You lost me and all credibility when you're using the Freeh Report as your trustable source.
There’s a difference between the exhibits that were contained in the report that contain the emails, notes, etc. that were created and written down between 1998 and 2001 - which were the only things that I quoted - and the narrative description of the events that Freeh’s team wrote.

Unless you believe that the exhibits were somehow doctored or fabricated. Which would be an insane thing to believe, but maybe you do.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
"Pretty clear"
"most likely"

fox tv GIF by Last Man Standing

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
There is zero, zero evidence that Sandusky’s emeritus status emerged from the Board of Trustees. You can review the evidence for yourself. It’s all in the Freeh Report.

Exhibit 2G is an undated typewritten list titled “Retirement Requests,” presumably from Sandusky. It contains Paterno’s handwritten notations. Item 1 reads, “An office and telephone,” with the handwritten notation “OK.” Item 5 reads, “Access to training and workout facilities.” There’s a checkmark next to it, with a notation that reads “Is this for personal use or 2nd Mile kids - no to 2nd Mile liability purposes.”

Exhibit 3H is a letter addressed to Jerry from Tim Curley, and is also signed by Gary Schultz, dated June 29, 1999, entitled “Retirement Perquisites.” Item 4 reads, “The University will permit you to use, at no charge, a locker, weight rooms, fitness facilities and training room in the East Area locker room complex. This benefit will continue for the balance of your lifetime.” Item 6 reads, “For a period of ten (10) years, commencing July 1, 1999, and subject to renewal upon concurrence of both parties, you will be given an office and a phone in the East Area locker room complex for purposes of the [collaborative positive outreach arrangement between Penn State Athletics and the Second Mile] referenced in no. 5 above.”

Exhibit 3I is a string of emails between Bob Secor and Rodney Erickson, circa August 1999. Bob Secor writes to Erickson, in part, “but we are in a bind. Apparently, Graham told [redacted - presumably Jerry] that we would do this - he was wholly within his rights here since the policy says ‘The President may grant or deny Emeritus Rank on an exception basis’ - then informed Tim, who suggested going through the college and went to Barbara, who then made the request of us. …” Erickson writes back, “Let’s go ahead and grant it if Graham has already promised it. We can hope that not too many others take that careful notice. These requests would have to come through the deans in any case, and I can’t imagine many deans lobbying for assistant professors.”

But, crucially, Jerry’s access to football facilities - both the office AND the weight room/locker rooms, was granted by Curley and signed off on by Schultz (no doubt with Spanier’s approval) more than a month before any of the emeritus stuff played out with the provost’s office.
All in the Freeh Report. Say no more.

Corneliuswonder

Nov 1, 2021
All in the Freeh Report. Say no more.
Do you believe that the documents in the exhibits that I quoted were doctored or fabricated? If so, you’d think that someone would have brought that up in any sort of court proceeding. Seems like a big deal.

And if you don’t think that they’re fabricated, then isn’t it totally irrelevant what the narrative aspect of the Freeh Report says for the purpose of this conversation? I was under the impression that we were interested in the truth, and there isn’t anything to support your earlier argument that trustees made the decision to grant Sandusky emeritus status.

Rather, the evidence supports only two conclusions: (1) Sandusky’s football facility access was granted pursuant to his retirement agreement that was negotiated and signed by Curley and Schultz, with Spanier’s approval, and (2) Spanier possessed the unilateral authority under university policy to grant emeritus status at his sole discretion, and contemporaneous sources discussed the fact that Spanier promised Sandusky the emeritus status.

PSU89er

Nov 22, 2023
There is nothing wrong with the evidence with the Freeh report. Its the conclusions which are basically unsupported is the issue. Had in the end the Freeh report come to a conclusion that the people in charge at PSU had no idea that Sandusky was a criminal and treated him like a regular guy it would have been as accurate. This is basically an unsupported conclusion.

The problem with the Freeh report is that it is impossible to coverup for something you do not know of, and there is no evidence of the PSU covering up for anything. Not one hint of them not telling someone to not talk. Thats a coverup.

Freeh walked in assuming these guys were guilty and never found any evidence that they were not (BTW, the kind of evidence would be almost impossible to find). Had he walked in assuming they were not guilty. He would have found them not guilty.

There really wasn't much too it. Like three separate meetings (each one with different people groupings) and a couple phones calls and emails. If you really believe Spanier. He didn't remember anything about it when it first came back to his attention in 2011. Makes sense considering what his job was. He has probably forgotten things he did that had weekly meetings for a couple months, that got shelved. One meeting with Curley/Schultz that ended with you guys take care of this. Its not going to stick out.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Can we nuke this thread now, please? And, for the love of god, NOT start another Sandusky is innocent thread this week, or next week, or anytime.

Reactions: PSUJam and bbrown

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Do you believe that the documents in the exhibits that I quoted were doctored or fabricated? If so, you’d think that someone would have brought that up in any sort of court proceeding. Seems like a big deal.

And if you don’t think that they’re fabricated, then isn’t it totally irrelevant what the narrative aspect of the Freeh Report says for the purpose of this conversation? I was under the impression that we were interested in the truth, and there isn’t anything to support your earlier argument that trustees made the decision to grant Sandusky emeritus status.

Rather, the evidence supports only two conclusions: (1) Sandusky’s football facility access was granted pursuant to his retirement agreement that was negotiated and signed by Curley and Schultz, with Spanier’s approval, and (2) Spanier possessed the unilateral authority under university policy to grant emeritus status at his sole discretion, and contemporaneous sources discussed the fact that Spanier promised Sandusky the emeritus status.

cac@PSU

Oct 15, 2021
Case went out of control when people relied on the house attorney who made many mistakes in her representation. Only Joe took a real attorney

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
That’s a fair point, but the OP posted an article saying he was innocent. Do you think he is 100% innocent?
The evidence that has been uncovered since the trial casts significant reasonable doubt in my mind.

Hell, even the evidence that was available at trial could have been useful but Amendola was buried in thousands of pages discovery and no time to read and process it.

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
Spanier has no culpability? When you were looking up those articles, did you not find the reports that emeritus was promised to Sandusky by Spanier when Sandusky requested it?
Spanier is on record saying he met JS once, maybe twice, in his life.

It’s in the Ziegler podcast and my memory is a little foggy on it but I do believe it was only once or twice. I further recall the meetings were nothing more than a ’shake hands, hello’ type of interaction.

Open Mind 1

Dec 17, 2023
Can we nuke this thread now, please? And, for the love of god, NOT start another Sandusky is innocent thread this week, or next week, or anytime.
Nope. Not happening. Quite the opposite actually. More evidence based articles will now be posted because of this temper tantrum. Stop crying and skip the threads if you don’t like them. It’s really a very novel concept. Not everyone has to think like you or agree with you. That may be hard for you to understand, but it is what it is.

Reactions: ApexLion

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Don't think anyone was concerned about Jerry's predilections. Seems that they were worried about what other faculty would think about Jerry getting emeritus status, which is typical in academia.
Exactly Reaper 'The Peer Review'......
Academia to represent our university...

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Nope. Not happening. Quite the opposite actually. More evidence based articles will now be posted because of this temper tantrum. Stop crying and skip the threads if you don’t like them. It’s really a very novel concept. Not everyone has to think like you or agree with you. That may be hard for you to understand, but it is what it is.
They’re not evidence based articles. They are opinion articles from a website that is more like The National Inquirer. It’s more conspiracy theories from one guy. And guess what…not everybody buys into it. This is why everybody outside of PSU thinks we are a cult.

Reactions: Erial_Lion

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The evidence that has been uncovered since the trial casts significant reasonable doubt in my mind.

Hell, even the evidence that was available at trial could have been useful but Amendola was buried in thousands of pages discovery and no time to read and process it.
So, you think he is innocent of all 45 counts he was convicted on? Would you be comfortable putting a child you know in his presence for an unsupervised amount of time?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Spanier is on record saying he met JS once, maybe twice, in his life.

It’s in the Ziegler podcast and my memory is a little foggy on it but I do believe it was only once or twice. I further recall the meetings were nothing more than a ’shake hands, hello’ type of interaction.
What does this have to do with anything? He agreed to the emeritus after Sandusky was questioned a year prior by campus police for showering on campus with an underage child. I have a hard time believing he wasn’t made aware of that.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021

Yep, remember the fable of the crying custodian...whose voice surfaced on tape after the trial exonorating Jerry?

Open Mind 1

Dec 17, 2023
So, you think he is innocent of all 45 counts he was convicted on? Would you be comfortable putting a child you know in his presence for an unsupervised amount of time?
Absolutely. 100%. Have done tons of research on the case and believe him to be completely innocent. And it’s not even really close..

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
So is sending our three administrators to jail !

COMMUNITY BANKING

BNY Mellon's Karen Peetz: The Most Powerful Woman in Banking​

September 25, 2016, 10:00 p.m. EDT3 Min Read
President, BNY Mellon

Paterno, Others Slammed In Report For Failing To Protect Sandusky's Victims​

JULY 12, 2012

"The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized. Messrs. Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley never demonstrated, through actions or words, any concern for the safety and well-being of Sandusky's victims until after Sandusky's arrest."

Update at 4:03 p.m. ET. Board Takes 'Full Responsibility': 🤔(TO NAME THE SCARFICIAL LAMBS)

In a televised press conference that just concluded, the university's Board of Trustees said it takes "full responsibility" for the school's failings.

Rodney Erickson, Penn State's president, said this was "the most painful chapter in the university's history."

Karen Peetz, the board's chairwoman, said that not only were they taking full responsibility, but they would make sure to take the necessary steps to keep something like this from happening ever again.

The Penn State brass was repeatedly pressed on why they didn't do more to stop Sandusky from molesting children.

Kenneth Frazier, another trustee, said the board wasn't aware of the allegations and that it wasn't because the board didn't ask sufficient questions, it was because there was an unwillingness from the university leadership including former president Graham Spanier to turn over information.

"In retrospect, we wish we would have press someone who we had complete trust in," said Frazier. In retrospect, he said, "I wish we had pressed more."

Erickson said the university had not renewed the contract of Mike McQueary, the assistant coach who saw Sandusky molesting a boy.

Refusing to comment on the employment status of athletic director Tim Curley, Erickson said personnel decisions would be taken in the coming days.
this was early teflon suit mode from Kenny -- keep things in context pls

after that you switch to vilify one of your own mode

followed by use money not yours to pay anyone who asks for it mode

you may have to resort to mean guy at press conference mode when questioned or doubted

• Wow
Reactions: step.eng69

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
That’s where strong, competent leadership would have said, “we’re not saying you did anything wrong, Jerry…but you need to understand why we can’t allow you to have unfettered, all-hours access to the facility in your retirement.”

I think the most charitable thing you can say about Curley, Schultz and Spanier was that they were passive. But passivity got Penn State where it did, because Jerry took advantage of that passivity to basically have free rein of the facilities to continue soaping up after hours. It should have been screamingly obvious that, whether it was CSA or something totally innocent (hint: turns out it was CSA), bringing kids to the facilities alone after hours opens the university up to an extreme risk of a claim by a kid or their families who might become freaked out by the practice. It was a nightmare waiting to happen, and it happened because Curley and Spanier didn’t feel inclined to say no.
That's where pedophiles operate -- in the good reputation and passive zone. No one believes they are what they are. It happens in every town in America at some point and yet Paterno is somehow the bad guy for not being omniscient.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Absolutely. 100%. Have done tons of research on the case and believe him to be completely innocent. And it’s not even really close..
I'm leaning that way. Jerry used poor judgement and appears to have had some boundary issues. But anyone who believes he anally raped 12 and 13 year olds in his family room for years....and they inexplicably kept coming back week after week are gullible or worse.

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
That’s a dumb question.

Suppose I say No. Then What?
Suppose I say Yes. Then What?

You believe him to be guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Good for you. I am saying that there are so many shady and corrupt things that occurred at his trial, and the evidence that has come forth since the trial, place considerable doubt in my mind that he is guilty.

Reactions: marshall23

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I'm leaning that way. Jerry used poor judgement and appears to have had some boundary issues. But anyone who believes he anally raped 12 and 13 year olds in his family room for years....and they inexplicably kept coming back week after week are gullible or worse.
I could tell you many stories of kids that acted the same way in similar situations.
Do I know that Sandusky raped them? Nope. Do I know that he acted in a way that would allow him to do it? Yes.

Reactions: Erial_Lion and LB99

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
What does this have to do with anything? He agreed to the emeritus after Sandusky was questioned a year prior by campus police for showering on campus with an underage child. I have a hard time believing he wasn’t made aware of that.
What does it have to do with anything?

If Spanier did not really even know JS, why would he sign off on his emeritus status? Was he told to do it by the BOT?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
That’s a dumb question.

Suppose I say No. Then What?
Suppose I say Yes. Then What?

You believe him to be guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Good for you. I am saying that there are so many shady and corrupt things that occurred at his trial, and the evidence that has come forth since the trial, place considerable doubt in my mind that he is guilty.
45 counts of child sex related crimes. If you want to die on that hill, go for it.

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
I could tell you many stories of kids that acted the same way in similar situations.
Do I know that Sandusky raped them? Nope. Do I know that he acted in a way that would allow him to do it? Yes.
Provide one such story that has been validated.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Provide one such story that has been validated.
I’m not going to post personal stories from kids I’ve worked with. That’s a silly request.
I would recommend reading about Theo Fleury and Graham James.
Edit: Here is an excerpt I found online.

In his book, however, Fleury lifts the lid on the entire harrowing tale, beginning when the Manitoba coach recruited him at 13 from his minor hockey team in Russell, Man., to play junior in Winnipeg. “Graham was on me once or twice a week for the next two years,” Fleury writes of the assaults, whose memories remain vivid to him. “An absolute nightmare, every day of my life.” James required him to sleep two nights a week at the coach’s house, rather than with the woman with whom he’d been billetted. He tried to fight off the coach at first, wrapping himself in blankets each night and pretending to sleep as James attempted to masturbate him and give him oral sex. But the fear of James’s advances left him sleepless, and exhaustion broke him down, he writes; so too did James’s frequent warnings that, without his coach’s support, he stood little chance of playing professional hockey.

Fleury, now 41, says he was particularly vulnerable to James’s psychological manipulation because had little in the way of a family support system: his father was an alcoholic and his mother was addled by prescription sedatives. James easily convinced them he was the best thing to ever happen to their son, Fleury adds, just as he had done with Kennedy’s single mother. “I had rarely seen them like this—happy,” he says. “Their boy had made it. My dad was no longer a worthless drunk and my mom drugged out and helpless.” When James’s Western Hockey League team, the Winnipeg Warriors, moved to Moose Jaw, both Fleury and Kennedy went with him. A year later, James was let go amid rumours of inappropriate behaviour and returned to Winnipeg with Kennedy in tow. He tried to convince Fleury to go with him, blandishing him and Kennedy that summer with a car trip to Disneyland. Earlier reports that Fleury had been asleep in the backseat of the car when James sexually abused Kennedy in the front during that trip were true, Fleury writes. But that wasn’t the half of it. The three stayed in motels throughout the trip, he says, and the boys would have to take turns sleeping with James. “Think about how sick that is,” Fleury writes. “When he dropped me off at my parents’ place after that trip, that was it. It was over. I was out, home free.”

Last edited:

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
I’m not going to post personal stories from kids I’ve worked with. That’s a silly request.
I would recommend reading about Theo Fleury and Graham James.
Edit: Here is an excerpt I found online.

In his book, however, Fleury lifts the lid on the entire harrowing tale, beginning when the Manitoba coach recruited him at 13 from his minor hockey team in Russell, Man., to play junior in Winnipeg. “Graham was on me once or twice a week for the next two years,” Fleury writes of the assaults, whose memories remain vivid to him. “An absolute nightmare, every day of my life.” James required him to sleep two nights a week at the coach’s house, rather than with the woman with whom he’d been billetted. He tried to fight off the coach at first, wrapping himself in blankets each night and pretending to sleep as James attempted to masturbate him and give him oral sex. But the fear of James’s advances left him sleepless, and exhaustion broke him down, he writes; so too did James’s frequent warnings that, without his coach’s support, he stood little chance of playing professional hockey.

Fleury, now 41, says he was particularly vulnerable to James’s psychological manipulation because had little in the way of a family support system: his father was an alcoholic and his mother was addled by prescription sedatives. James easily convinced them he was the best thing to ever happen to their son, Fleury adds, just as he had done with Kennedy’s single mother. “I had rarely seen them like this—happy,” he says. “Their boy had made it. My dad was no longer a worthless drunk and my mom drugged out and helpless.” When James’s Western Hockey League team, the Winnipeg Warriors, moved to Moose Jaw, both Fleury and Kennedy went with him. A year later, James was let go amid rumours of inappropriate behaviour and returned to Winnipeg with Kennedy in tow. He tried to convince Fleury to go with him, blandishing him and Kennedy that summer with a car trip to Disneyland. Earlier reports that Fleury had been asleep in the backseat of the car when James sexually abused Kennedy in the front during that trip were true, Fleury writes. But that wasn’t the half of it. The three stayed in motels throughout the trip, he says, and the boys would have to take turns sleeping with James. “Think about how sick that is,” Fleury writes. “When he dropped me off at my parents’ place after that trip, that was it. It was over. I was out, home free.”
Don’t be ridiculous - that was not what I requested. Just give an example - no need to name names.

Do you have any examples where no child porn was found? How about examples where claims were made that were physically/medically impossible? How about examples were people were falsely accused?

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Don’t be ridiculous - that was not what I requested. Just give an example - no need to name names.

Do you have any examples where no child porn was found? How about examples where claims were made that were physically/medically impossible? How about examples were people were falsely accused?
Oy vey. Im not an investigator. I don’t have power to dig through somebody’s computer to check their porn history. I cannot tell you examples about claims of impossible physical/medical activities, which is a ridiculous premise upon which to ask a question because impossible means it’s not possible.
What I was responding to was the idea that these guys could not have been sexually abused by Sandusky because they maintained relationships with him. That is not an uncommon thing at all. I have dealt with situations like this. I’m not going to detail them to you. You can choose not to believe me, but I’m certainly not lying.

Reactions: Erial_Lion

Latest posts