FC: Bidding process for "selective demolition" on the west side of Beaver Stadium begins

Oct 12, 2021

"These combined projects will greatly enhance the fan experience and provide significant incremental revenue to fund these improvements." I think all you season ticket holders know what that means.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
One more loss to UM or OSU and we would have done it for free. It might not have been selective though.

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
From my write up of the relevant BOT meeting:

"Frankly, I am far more than disconcerted with the seemingly aimless and muddled process by which this huge spend is progressing. There seems to be no plan or deliberation whatsoever. As a trustee of the university, I am very concerned about the obfuscation and unwillingness of the Penn State administration to provide requested information on this project, which as a fiduciary is my right to request.

This lack of public deliberation, which is now being blamed on ‘miscommunication between the Board and the administration’, validates my initial concerns. The lack of significant interest on the part of many of my Board colleagues only increases the serious concerns I have about this process."

I don't see any evidence to refute that description, a description that in context was probably rather kind.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
"These combined projects will greatly enhance the fan experience and provide significant incremental revenue to fund these improvements." I think all you season ticket holders know what that means.
Significant incremental revenue??? That's some pretty nifty corporate-speak. By and large, incremental means occurring in relatively small amounts over time. But by saying "significant incremental", they're flat out telling us we're going to see some jacked up prices over the next few years.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Significant incremental revenue??? That's some pretty nifty corporate-speak. By and large, incremental means occurring in relatively small amounts over time. But by saying "significant incremental", they're flat out telling us we're going to see some jacked up prices over the next few years.

• Haha
Reactions: Bison13 and Bob78

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Well, someone has to pay for those dozens of money-losing sports and the bloated administrative structure that supports them.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021

Can’t wait to follow this Sheetz show.

Reactions: Bison13

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021

They should raise the prices. The current ticket prices are way too cheap IMHO. No one a forcing you to buy them.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
From my write up of the relevant BOT meeting:

"Frankly, I am far more than disconcerted with the seemingly aimless and muddled process by which this huge spend is progressing. There seems to be no plan or deliberation whatsoever. As a trustee of the university, I am very concerned about the obfuscation and unwillingness of the Penn State administration to provide requested information on this project, which as a fiduciary is my right to request.

This lack of public deliberation, which is now being blamed on ‘miscommunication between the Board and the administration’, validates my initial concerns. The lack of significant interest on the part of many of my Board colleagues only increases the serious concerns I have about this process."

I don't see any evidence to refute that description, a description that in context was probably rather kind.
Dambly doesn't like obfuscation. The word. You using it to talk about him. No nods and winks from him and deals for you Barry. Obfuscating he likes.

Latest posts