FC/OT: Deadpool fans - Ryan Reynolds is a gift….(☠️💩L 3 news)…

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
A good movie is a good movie, but I don’t get extra excited for superhero movies because they are comic superhero movies (or Sci-fi movies because they were beloved sci-fi books). Most of the “universe” movies seem contrived and gratuitou… although to be fair, it is comic book fantasy. That said, I thought the two Deadpool movies were great, and did like the wolverine movie (not the X-men). So, I will not be optimistic that the sum of Deadpool and Wolverine is greater than the parts.

I know, likely not a popular opinion.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
A good movie is a good movie, but I don’t get extra excited for superhero movies because they are comic superhero movies (or Sci-fi movies because they were beloved sci-fi books). Most of the “universe” movies seem contrived and gratuitou… although to be fair, it is comic book fantasy. That said, I thought the two Deadpool movies were great, and did like the wolverine movie (not the X-men). So, I will not be optimistic that the sum of Deadpool and Wolverine is greater than the parts.

I know, likely not a popular opinion.

Reynolds and Jackman have great chemistry and have been teasing this for years. Extra special treat that Hugh is willing to don the claws again before Wolverine is recast.

Buck up!

Reactions: Got GSPs

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Wake me when they make better superhero movies than Superman and Superman II with Christopher Reeve.....

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
Good stuff, no doubt. And some of the Marvel movies....Iron Man, Avengers, Iron Man 3, Captain America, Winter Soldier have been good.
I thought Spiderman I was very good. Spiderman II, III, IV were horrible . . .

Reactions: PSU87