FC/OT: FSU QB bails on bowl.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Does this signal Cam Ward is coming? Or were they in it for another?

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
I don't have a problem with the portal or all of these players opting out, but doing it this late is really putting your team in a tough spot. FSU has had so many opt outs, I can't see them putting up much of a fight against Georgia.

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
I don't have a problem with the portal or all of these players opting out, but doing it this late is really putting your team in a tough spot. FSU has had so many opt outs, I can't see them putting up much of a fight against Georgia.
Which will suit the football committee greatly. If FSU is blown out, they can say, "See, we know what we are doing. They were not good enough for the playoff spot" and the average football fan will swallow the b.s. with gusto.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Which will suit the football committee greatly. If FSU is blown out, they can say, "See, we know what we are doing. They were not good enough for the playoff spot" and the average football fan will swallow the b.s. with gusto.
I’ve been posting laughing emojis a lot lately. How else is one to react? Your post seems to be spot on.

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
Wow, FSU goes from getting jobbed by the Selection Committee to potentially getting hammered by the Dawgs.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
At this rate, I think both squads need to play both ways, e.g. DT who also kicks or LB who plays RB.

Reactions: Bison13

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
More like sticking it to the committee. Orange bowl has to be pissed.
^^^ This. Not only ticket sales could be affected, unless they have a third-party entity which buys out the whole lot, the lost potential advertising monies could be in jeopardy. What company would want to pay top dollar rights to advertise during a game in which a). it's going to be two second-team teams playing each other and b). no real star power that will attract the average fan's attention to even watch the game.

BUFFALO LION

Oct 7, 2021
^^^ This. Not only ticket sales could be affected, unless they have a third-party entity which buys out the whole lot, the lost potential advertising monies could be in jeopardy. What company would want to pay top dollar rights to advertise during a game in which a). it's going to be two second-team teams playing each other and b). no real star power that will attract the average fan's attention to even watch the game.

The CFP Committee (with some probable helpful suggestions from ESPN) has turned this year’s Invitational into a complete farce. Based on what New Mexico State did to Auburn, Alabama would have been lucky to score 10 points against that FSU defense.

Crack me up if Georgia and FSU played all Walk Ons. Bowl Games outside the CFP are now all complete jokes and a waste of time and money.

Reactions: Midnighter
Dec 15, 2023
Florida St up to 24 opt outs for the bowl now. They aren't remotely the same team. Down to what, 4th string freshman QB? Who wants to watch that garbage?

cac@PSU

Oct 15, 2021
Bowl games without a championship in play are nothing but exhibit games. In most such games attendence is poor. Now with the transfer portal in play, players have very little loyalty to thier school. The player now becomes more inportant than the team.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Bowl games without a championship in play are nothing but exhibit games. In most such games attendence is poor. Now with the transfer portal in play, players have very little loyalty to thier school. The player now becomes more inportant than the team.
Turns out all of Florida State’s games this year were just exhibition games since they were not even allowed into the championship tournament even though they went undefeated.

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021

Sounds like a reflection of our society and youth sports already. Maybe we were the ones who created this atmosphere when the kids were starting out in sports and now we are reaping the consequences of our "schooling".....

Reactions: Bison13

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
Florida St up to 24 opt outs for the bowl now. They aren't remotely the same team. Down to what, 4th string freshman QB? Who wants to watch that garbage?
It would have been a garbage game even if Florida State had all its players. Florida State isn't in the same league as Georgia. The game will be a lopsided blowout. That is why Florida State didn't get a bid to the playoff. They are an ACC cupcake and aren't in the same class as the big boys.

Dec 15, 2023
It would have been a garbage game even if Florida State had all its players. Florida State isn't in the same league as Georgia. The game will be a lopsided blowout. That is why Florida State didn't get a bid to the playoff. They are an ACC cupcake and aren't in the same class as the big boys.
If you go undefeated in a Power 5 conference, you deserved a chance in the playoff. That has been a contract since the playoff began. In fact, no Power 5 team (even 1 or 2 loss teams) have ever been denied for even a single team with more losses. This year, FSU was denied by 2 teams with more losses. I know the ACC is weak, but they were when Clemson was allowed to play as well.

To me, it boils down to the inconsistency of the "committee"/cabal. It's even inconsistent from week to week. It's not a legitimate championship without a power 5 undefeated team. And we'll never know if FSU had a shot because their denied entry blew up their roster so their bowl game tells us nothing except that college football better figure it out or they will kill the golden goose.

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
Stop it, FSU could play with Georgia easily if completely healthy, they showed that when they spanked LSU to start the season. SEC is overrated as it usually is. Now the current FSU squad is a different story, they basically said fck it, we out.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
Stop it, FSU could play with Georgia easily if completely healthy, they showed that when they spanked LSU to start the season. SEC is overrated as it usually is. Now the current FSU squad is a different story, they basically said fck it, we out.
Already making excuses for FSU's humiliating loss on Saturday. If FSU loses 55 - 3, it will be because of player unavailability. If only they had their QB then they would have added 42 points. I watched FSU all season. They would likely have finished 5th in the BIG East and 3rd in the BIG West.

Reactions: LionJim
Dec 15, 2023
Already making excuses for FSU's humiliating loss on Saturday. If FSU loses 55 - 3, it will be because of player unavailability. If only they had their QB then they would have added 42 points. I watched FSU all season. They would likely have finished 5th in the BIG East and 3rd in the BIG West.
You don't believe that 24 opt outs affects the outcome?

BUFFALO LION

Oct 7, 2021

You are batsh!t crazy. Auburn proved that Bama would probably get taken to the woodshed by New Mexico State. Bama would have been lucky to score 10 points on that Florida State defense.

The SEC looked like absolute garbage during the season, and have looked even worse in the post season. They were only 4-6 against the ACC during the season.

You’re obviously a Bama fan boy. 😂

Reactions: NittanyBuff