FC/OT: Rihanna announced as Super Bowl halftime headliner….

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Good pick I think; lots of familiar radio hits and can bring up a lot of folks she’s recorded with (Jay Z, Drake, Justin Timberlake, etc.).

Reactions: Erial_Lion

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Let me start.....

At least I'll be able to extend my halftime bathroom break without rushing.
Season 1 Too Much Information GIF by Friends

Reactions: Alphabets

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
"yawn". The Super Bowl has a half-time show? I thought it was a 20 minute advertisement for product endorsements and Bob92PSU to get some more hand practice repetitions in before the third quarter.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Two things you can take to the bank...she'll put on a good show that a lot of people will like, and 90% of the posts on the McAndrew Forum will hate it.
They should provide an Old White Square Curmudgeon Advisory Warning prior to the halftime show, and provide them with an alternate channel showing videos of the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Toby Keith playing while a news ticker streams on the bottom, highlighting violent crime in Chicago.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
They should provide an Old White Square Curmudgeon Advisory Warning prior to the halftime show, and provide them with an alternate channel showing videos of the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Toby Keith playing while a news ticker streams on the bottom, highlighting violent crime in Chicago.
My favorite is always talking about how great Prince was to at least sound remotely in touch with music from the last 30 years.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

Reactions: Moogy

wbcbus

Oct 8, 2021
She’s a great choice, international appeal, and has a good 15+ years of hits to choose from with a ton of other top artists.

Who are the top people you’d pick for future Super Bowls? I’m surprised Garth Brooks has never done one given his sales, length of career, and having a reputation for putting on a good show live. May be too old for the good show part now?

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
She’s a great choice, international appeal, and has a good 15+ years of hits to choose from with a ton of other top artists.

Who are the top people you’d pick for future Super Bowls? I’m surprised Garth Brooks has never done one given his sales, length of career, and having a reputation for putting on a good show live. May be too old for the good show part now?
His shows are still the best out there and I’m not a big country music fan. I’ve seen him three times and no one else I’ve seen compares. My daughter is a huge country fan and goes to a ton of concerts and she says Garth is the best she’s ever seen (and she’s only 29). So I think he would be a phenomenal choice for half time, but apparently some don’t think he appeals to the right audience.

Reactions: Fortheglory612

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
If they had an alternate show with the Stones and Led Zeppelin on a different channel, I bet that would outdraw the main show every year.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021

Pet Shop Boys.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
I normally watch the Super Bowl with a bunch of my coaching friends. I can’t remember the last time I’ve actually seen more than two minutes of the halftime show. I do realize that some people watch the whole thing but if so when do you go to the bathroom and refill your plates and beverages?

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I normally watch the Super Bowl with a bunch of my coaching friends. I can’t remember the last time I’ve actually seen more than two minutes of the halftime show. I do realize that some people watch the whole thing but if so when do you go to the bathroom and refill your plates and beverages?
Commercials and the other third of the halftime show where they're just talking about the game (I do most of my eating before and after the game, and take advantage of the kids at the party when I need a drink).

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I usually watch the Super Bowl with just my brother and we both hate the halftime show, regardless of who it is. Old white guys, young women of color, everything in between, we hate them all. I like to watch football when it’s the Super Bowl, not the rushed halftime performances. That said, I realized several years ago that the Super Bowl is not made to appeal to football fans but to the masses so I understand why they do the massive halftime shows.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Commercials and the other third of the halftime show where they're just talking about the game (I do most of my eating before and after the game, and take advantage of the kids at the party when I need a drink).
See we like to watch most of the commercials since many tend to be funny

CVLion

Oct 13, 2021
I can't help but wonder why the NFL keeps spurning Up With People for the SB halftime show. They were the go-to choice back in the day.
I wish I still had my flags from the Up With People halftime show. They disappeared probably 20 years ago.

Reactions: ApexLion

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
So, she is a billionaire? Real money or bitcoin?
But good for her.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
If they had an alternate show with the Stones and Led Zeppelin on a different channel, I bet that would outdraw the main show every year.
That would have been great 30 years ago, but I’ll look at her currently over them. That’s just me though.

Wink Rihanna GIF by AnimatedText

Last edited:
Reactions: Fortheglory612

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021

Choosing old men over young hot women? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm guessing the betting action would be pretty intense on "which band member will die live on stage at halftime?"

• Love
Reactions: LionJim

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Hopefully she breaks this one out as the opener and all the curmudgeons' heads spontaneously explode:

Reactions: Midnighter

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Then she follows that up with a live recreation of this video ...

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
This makes 4 years in a row with the halftime show presenting someone with absolutely no talent. Years ago with got people like Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, etc. Now we get social media stars with no musical or performing ability. Ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: Moogy

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
This makes 4 years in a row with the halftime show presenting someone with absolutely no talent. Years ago with got people like Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, etc. Now we get social media stars with no musical or performing ability. Ridiculous.
Newsflash…the geezers of those days declared that Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson didn’t have talent and wished to see talented crooners like Andy Williams and Roger Whittaker.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Newsflash…the geezers of those days declared that Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson didn’t have talent and wished to see talented crooners like Andy Williams and Roger Whittaker.

It's absurd to say she doesn't have talent and the fact that she is super easy on the eyes is a pretty big bonus. Old men yelling at the cloud is sadly where some are at. I remember thinking Bruno Mars would be ehhhhhh, and he was probably one of the best half time shows in the last decade or so. I'm not someone who listens to Rhiana very much at all, but I'm sure those writing her off are pretty well versed in her catalog. They know talent way better and I'm sure their music collection is super diverse with modern pop and hip hop....so they are the real experts.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha
Reactions: MaconNitt

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
So if Rihanna doesn’t do either kind of music, country or western, what is she going to do out there?

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
How about Jimmy Buffet? Literally everyone watching will know at least a few of his classics.

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
So, she is a billionaire? Real money or bitcoin?
But good for her.
Howdy Psuro….Rihanna is quite wealthy . Her biggest success is her control of the Fenty line of beauty and fashion. One of my daughters is heavily involved with the fashion/ beauty industry and she was my source of info. Fenty is actually her family name when she was discovered in Barbados as a teen performer. Her net worth has been estimated in the $1.5 billion range.