FC/OT: RIP Sports Illustrated.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Here was a good article on Steve from a few years ago...

Reactions: bbrown

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Here was a good article on Steve from a few years ago...

Thanks for the repost, nice to be able to connect the dots, somewhat.

You know the best thing about teaching football players? They don't bs, they're always ready to learn, easy to teach.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Sports illustrated became news illustrated and they lost their audience. Too bad was good for so many years but lost their way.

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021
I didn't like the Collegian much for the same reason. I thought they were way more arrogant than they should be so was only there for a semester or so and I remember the Dan guy you mentioned and yes he was arrogant.

I can't remember who interviewed me, I think it was a girl named Kathlene Prince or Price. I know I had to take a "test" and process a picture they had. LOL. I think you must have been a year behind. The Editor's name was Mary for me in '85 and I remember the office manager's name was Shelly and she was older and very nice.
Steve Manuel was older and was in the Marines. He's been teaching Communications for a while and still shoots for the University and sometimes BWI. He used to do the Football letter. He's excellent.
Good times.
Do you still shoot?
Not much now as I did a few years ago. I shot my daughter as she played travel softball for 7 years and I like shooting bands. My wife is in a band.

In retirement I hope to retool my gear and get into the mirrorless stuff. I want to shoot wildlife which will be a big glass investment as I don’t think my current stuff will mount on the new gear.

You? Send me links to your work.

here is my Flickr page. Lots a family stuff there now but older sports stuff too.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Not much now as I did a few years ago. I shot my daughter as she played travel softball for 7 years and I like shooting bands. My wife is in a band.

In retirement I hope to retool my gear and get into the mirrorless stuff. I want to shoot wildlife which will be a big glass investment as I don’t think my current stuff will mount on the new gear.

You? Send me links to your work.

here is my Flickr page. Lots a family stuff there now but older sports stuff too.
I pretty much just do the trips I've taken. Retirement is about to happen and relocating to Las Cruces so I hope to do a lot more.
I hear you about the mirrorless stuff, especially if your lugging a D750 with a lens or 2 around.
I like your portraits and Band pictures. Like your pics of Banf and the ones from the Beach.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60907528@N02/

Reactions: LionJim

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021
I pretty much just do the trips I've taken. Retirement is about to happen and relocating to Las Cruces so I hope to do a lot more.
I hear you about the mirrorless stuff, especially if your lugging a D750 with a lens or 2 around.
I like your portraits and Band pictures. Like your pics of Banf and the ones from the Beach.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60907528@N02/
Thank you. Your composition is very nice. I don’t have the landscape eye. I shoot people.

Really nice learning about you and your photography.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim