FC/OT: Women's College BB put on a show last night...

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Whatever you think of Caitlin Clark/Angel Reese, they delivered last night in spades. My wife was even watching. So fun to watch LSU lose too. Mulkey looks like an SNL character Amy Poehler dreamed up. Was very entertaining from start to finish and I even discovered my new favorite player - UConn's Paige Bueckers. Just an impressive young woman who, when accepting an award at the ESPY's, decided to use her platform to acknowledge and promote black female athletes. And she's a stunner.

Last edited:

bohucon

Oct 31, 2021
Whatever you think of Caitlin Clark/Angel Reese, they delivered last night in spades. My wife was even watching. So fun to watch LSU lose too. Mulkey looks like an SNL character Amy Poehler dreamed up. Was very entertaining from start to finish and I even discovered my new favorite player - UConn's Paige Bueckers. Just an impressive young woman who, when accepting an award at the ESPY's, decided to use her platform to acknowledge and promote black female athletes. And she's a stunner.

Amazing games last night. The play from all of those players was incredible. Clark's range is unbelievable and her passing ability sets up so many other points. Bueckers is such a great leader and player..outstanding shooter and manager of the game. They were really fun to watch.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Had a lot of fun going to see us in the Final 4 in Philly in 2000. Hoping that we'll turn things around and return there again some day.

Reactions: Midnighter

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
For all the hype, that’s just 0.450, or 45%.* That’s an ‘F’.

* Look at me pumping out the MATHS. o_O .
Attaboy.

To reassure the board, I do not, repeat, not have any intention of dabbling in chemistry and thus poisoning the entire Eastern seaboard.

• Love
Reactions: BobPSU92

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Women's College Basketball has done a great job promoting their returning stars. The men's game has really suffered from not having returning stars.
For what it’s worth, the starters on the male North Carolina State team are each at least four years out of high school. It makes a difference. Think Kentucky.

Reactions: Bob78 and Bison13

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

She is Friday nite at The Phyrst worthy!

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
I may be alone here but I hope UConn wins it all. I admire the work of great coaches in any sport and Geno Auriemma is the gold standard in women's basketball.
1,213 -161 in regular season.
137-23 in NCAA's
23 Final Fours
11 National Championships

Last edited:

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
She was taking some bad looks late in the game when their lead was pretty secure. Still, incredible performance.
9-20 is incredible with where she shoots from and she was 9-18 towards the end then missed her last 2. All that being said, her passing and court vision might be better than her shooting.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
She was taking some bad looks late in the game when their lead was pretty secure. Still, incredible performance.
Yes but as I recall she was shooting with the shot clock down to 2 or 3. Iowa was sloppy at the end, remember their center running down the court with her head turned, got called for a charge. Also, LSU got a 4-pt play due to a bonehead Clark foul. But LSU never quit, that was admirable.

Shep

Oct 29, 2021
I may be alone here but I hope UConn wins it all. I admire the work of great coaches in any sport and Geno Auriemma is the gold standard in women's basketball.
1,213 -161 in regular season.
137-23 in NCAA's
23 Final Fours
11 National Championships
I do as well BUT...South Carolina just plays big girl basketball. The camp in the lanes with their forwards and centers and out physical everyone. Only a team shooting north of 50% from 3 point land has a chance...or if the refs would call 3 seconds. But neither will happen. South Carolina will repeat...unfortunatley because Iowa and Uconn play a fun style to watch and it would be great if either won.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Congratulations on the hype machine in promoting a sport that no one cared about just a couple years ago. It's important for them to get new revenue drivers. It's still just equivalent to bad-to-mediocre high school basketball, so after 40+ years of watching hoops, it's hard for me to watch it excitedly and interestedly ... but good for them, regardless.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Congratulations on the hype machine in promoting a sport that no one cared about just a couple years ago. It's important for them to get new revenue drivers. It's still just equivalent to bad-to-mediocre high school basketball, so after 40+ years of watching hoops, it's hard for me to watch it excitedly and interestedly ... but good for them, regardless.
in the club crying baby GIF by BBC First Australia

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Will be interesting to see how the ratings for the semis and final compare.
I think it was smart that the games were scheduled back to back on the same channel. Almost everyone I talked to ended up watching UConn vs. USC after the Iowa win, and these are people that never watch basketball, nevermind WBB. Being Iowa is the later game on Friday, I'm not sure these same folks will turn the earlier game on or not. If Iowa loses, I'd have to think the ratings will tank for the championship game.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
I think it was smart that the games were scheduled back to back on the same channel. Almost everyone I talked to ended up watching UConn vs. USC after the Iowa win, and these are people that never watch basketball, nevermind WBB. Being Iowa is the later game on Friday, I'm not sure these same folks will turn the earlier game on or not. If Iowa loses, I'd have to think the ratings will tank for the championship game.
Real test of the sport's popularity would be UConn v. NCState in the final.

Reactions: PSUJam

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

I hate to say it, but I am not a fan of the very boyish uniforms women wear for basketball. The crazy baggy shorts are so unflattering. It’s not as bad as it used to be thankfully.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
This UCONN/IOWA game friday is gonna be insane from a pure skill standpoint. Clark vs Bueckers.

Bueckers is even more impressive when you think that she red-shirted last year and came back this year to post career highs in pretty much all stats (sans assists, FG%, FT%). AND she's already announced she's coming back next year.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
I hate to say it, but I am not a fan of the very boyish uniforms women wear for basketball. The crazy baggy shorts are so unflattering. It’s not as bad as it used to be thankfully.
So you would be in favor of lingerie basketball?

PSU1969A

Nov 3, 2021
I have something up my craw.

Why are two starters Ceizki and Bingham transferring?

Why was Ceizki getting so few playing minutes at the end?

Why was Marisa getting so little playing in the second half of the season?

Also, the substitution patterns just drive me nuts!

tkmtr14

Oct 31, 2021
I think the answer to the question above is, Coach K had to win this year. Has she received an extension? Was a trip to the WBIT enough for the school to commit more time? I’m sure Shay wasn’t happy with a loss of minutes to Owusu (Sp?). But, it was win or your out for the Coach.
For Fairgambit and other UCONN fans, they have a run coming. The one Freshman who’s one of the 5 out hurt played on the Egyptian National team before coming to UCONN. Her Father was the Coach. Geno has said that she might be the most skilled player he’s ever coached. Think about that list of Alums! My Sister played for Geno and was on the first National Championship team in 1995. She said that this team has been such an incredible turn around story but what’s coming the next few years should be awesome!