Fitz Returns with MSU

Purple Pile Driver

All-Conference
May 14, 2014
28,939
4,097
113
Fitz looking more like a DL than an LB. East Lansing must have some decent deep dish establishments! 🍕

MSU just gave up a long td pass to make it 13-7, MSU qb just got sacked for a big loss. Not very impressed by the Spartans so far.
Sparty is undermanned for a B1G team from a talent perspective. Thought they showed some enthusiasm, but keep shooting themselves in the foot in the red zone,
 

JustGary

Junior
Oct 7, 2025
255
354
63
Sparty is undermanned for a B1G team from a talent perspective. Thought they showed some enthusiasm, but keep shooting themselves in the foot in the red zone,
Sparty defense playing well but you can tell they would have issues against better teams. Offense has issues in the red zone. Defense front doing well but questions at linebacker and secondary. Currently, MSU scored 5 times, but settled for four field goals. Toledo scored only twice but only 5 points behind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Alaskawildkat

Purple Pile Driver

All-Conference
May 14, 2014
28,939
4,097
113
What do people expect? Sparty was gutted and lacks top end talent. They aren’t going to have a winning record. I’ll wait until NU actually beats Fitz to celebrate. We certainly have more talent. Until then I guess we’ll get the weekly critique of what goes wrong for the Green.
 

Fanaticat98

Senior
May 29, 2001
9,253
861
113
Toledo played MSU tough. Too many FGs instead of TDs for MSU almost lost them the game - that was a familiar sight.

The announcers were prepared with NU trivia though, calling out Darnell Autry’s theater major and Charlton Heston.
 

CatManTrue

All-American
Oct 4, 2008
16,851
5,803
97
Toledo played MSU tough. Too many FGs instead of TDs for MSU almost lost them the game - that was a familiar sight.

The announcers were prepared with NU trivia though, calling out Darnell Autry’s theater major and Charlton Heston.
Darnell Autry does not like Fitz.

Charlton Heston was nuts.

and Pat is a **** coach. I don’t need to watch his fat jiggly manboo bs again!
 

No Chores

Senior
Jul 2, 2006
6,922
668
113
Defense looks very stout as expected, Kenny Soares made an athletic INT. Offense is workmanlike, also probably as expected, but is executing consistently with the short passing game.
Kenny Soares was an excellent player for us. I met his entire family, including Kenny, at the Las Vegas Bowl, and Kenny was the defensive star of the game. Ultimately he transferred because he was not used properly on defense. Wish we still had him.
 
Last edited:

jne381

Freshman
Sep 2, 2013
560
85
23
Why are you wasting such a nice evening?
I am a secondary MSU fan since I went to grad school there, my wife received both of her degrees there, and most of our families have gone there.

I was putting my kids to bed right as the game started, so I was watching on delay. As a result, I ended up avoiding this thread while the game was on, in order to avoid spoilers.

It is no secret that MSU needs a lot of work. However, they did have fight to them, and they got the best outcome for what they need. They got the win, but they also got more information on what they need to improve upon. I would love to see them get at least six wins for a bowl, but I think a more realistic outlook for this season is four, or possibly five if things break right. What is most important is the fight of the team, and the improvement over the season.
 

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,340
1,417
62
Watching that last night, I will just say I am so excited about seeing Brian Kelly's offense. That was more boring Fitz ball last night. Very little down field passing and an inability to turn drives into TDs.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Falcon86
Aug 31, 2003
15,119
544
113
Toledo played MSU tough. Too many FGs instead of TDs for MSU almost lost them the game - that was a familiar sight.
It's a solid win for Fitz in his debut. Toledo is a good MAC team coming off a bowl game, and they brought it against MSU. MSU showed some composure to respond after Toledo took the lead. If Toledo were playing NU, I'd be happy with a 10-point win.
 
Last edited:

CatManTrue

All-American
Oct 4, 2008
16,851
5,803
97
It's a solid win for Fitz in his debut. Toledo is a good MAC team coming off a bowl game, and they brought it against MSU. MSU showed some composure to respond after Toledo took the lead. If Toledo were playing NU, I'd be happy with a 10-point win.
Lol ok ✅
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Penn State
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Boyd, Devany, Carper and more: Where California's top 2028 QBs stand right now
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Indiana PFF Grades Analysis
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Battered Northwestern secondary looks to bounce back vs. Penn State
  5. 05 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 5