Football Recruiting

Senior Rooster

Feb 7, 2022
What are your thoughts on our FB Recruiting, so far. It is not done yet. I think Coach Beamer and Crew have done a Fantastic job to date.
Particularly, their use of the transfer Portal. For instance, their beefing up the RB room and QB Room is amazing. Those were my main worries for next year.
Could someone more astute than I put out a more in depth analysis of ALL new players for 2022. Tell us what you think of the new players and the impact they bring.
THANKS!!(y)

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
What are your thoughts on our FB Recruiting, so far. It is not done yet. I think Coach Beamer and Crew have done a Fantastic job to date.
Particularly, their use of the transfer Portal. For instance, their beefing up the RB room and QB Room is amazing. Those were my main worries for next year.
Could someone more astute than I put out a more in depth analysis of ALL new players for 2022. Tell us what you think of the new players and the impact they bring.
THANKS!!(y)
They have some a good job for where we are. In the grand scheme, we are nowhere near where we need to be to challenge the east. Think of it like this. When was the last time we beat Kentucky. Until we start beating them and mizzou regularly, we are not in good shape.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
They have some a good job for where we are. In the grand scheme, we are nowhere near where we need to be to challenge the east. Think of it like this. When was the last time we beat Kentucky. Until we start beating them and mizzou regularly, we are not in good shape.
And Tenn. and Fla., need to take care of all four of those and Vandy to challenge for the east!

Reactions: Senior Rooster

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
THANKS!!(y)

The "ALL new players" is the big deal. As has been discussed, the portal will make class evaluation wonkie for a while.

The recruited class was ranked 25 (rivals, last time I looked), but the portal players are where the big splash came from.

No longer are rebuilds going to take as long, but with transfers, the rebuilds will have to be redone more often.

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
It takes time to build a roster. We are off to a good start. Thankfully, the landscape has been altered with addition of the portal which has accelerated the process. The main concern I have is the eternal Gamecock question: The offensive line. Can they do the job??? We've been through countless ol coaches and most have been labeled failures. I think our shortcoming has been the quality of players on the ol. OL are the hardest to come by and we did not get any in the portal. Otherwise I think we beefed up our roster significantly at several positions.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Coach O interview friday, it doesn’t matter who you are your tradition whatever, kids now days are going where the most money is, see tamu! We better get with the nil program now that there aren’t any rules are we’re going to be left in the dust again!

Reactions: Senior Rooster

Noworries

Joined Jan 4, 2008
Jan 20, 2022
We are just starting and recruiting is OK. It will have to get a lot better to move up in the SEC. It took Spurrier awhile to get there and hopefully Beamer can step it up and get there(meaning top third of SEC on a regular basis) and occasionally appear in the championship game. Anything more seems unrealistic to me.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
Feel great about the portal adds. WE got stronger in positions of WR, TE, and certainly QB. Other QB's will now have time to develop. And hopefully no one steps on anyone's foot the week before the season starts. I believe out DL will be bigger and stronger. Burch needs to bloom this year and become angry. no more nice guy stuff. Boogie started banging at the end of season and will be much improved. What ever happened to Sandidge? He was getting stronger two years ago and disappeared last year. Maybe hurt but was it a season ending injury or did they just red shirt him due to Seniors available? WE are now loaded at DB. Should be a strength this year. Still need LB to step up this year. Who is promising in that position?

Latest posts