For those that have been to or planning on going to Auburn, what are your parking plans/recommendations?

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Thank you in advance.
Don't know at this time about parking. Helping my daughter and friends who live in Alabama
thru the NLC get 5 tickets, grandson is trying to get 7 tickets for the game. Seems like an exciting time for both universities. Wish I were going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tgar

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
We don’t typically tailgate on Away game trips. We are making an exception this season at Purdue as we have been before so we know the lay of the land and my wife’s one nephew goes to school there and we will throw a tailgate for him and his friends.

At Auburn we will most likely walk the town, get breakfast somewhere special, say hi and talk to folks in the tailgating areas while walking around taking it all in.

Its a great day not to tailgate or fuss with worrying about where to park.

Last edited:

Iionscott

Oct 6, 2021
We don’t typically tailgate on Away game trips. We are making an exception this season at Purdue as we have been before so we know the lay of the land and my wife’s one nephew goes to school there and we will throw a tailgate for him and his friends.

At Auburn we will most likely walk the town, get breakfast somewhere special, say hi and talk to folks in the tailgating areas while walking around taking it all in.

Its a great day not to tailgate or fuss with worrying about where to park.
I agree. I actually love away games where we don’t tailgate. We go all out for home games so it’s nice just bounce around at away games. try to find some form of public transportation that takes you to stadium area or in a lot of cases hotels I book are in walking distance to stadium.

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
PSU grad here that works at Auburn

A free shuttle to the stadium runs from a shopping center called Tiger Town at Exit 58 of Interstate 85

If you don't mind walking a mile or two, there are a couple of neighborhoods you can park in and hoof it to the stadium

Tailgating by the stadium is all pre-sold via a company called Tailgate Guys

If you need a hotel room, Columbus, GA, LaGrange, GA and Montgomery are all reasonable options

Feel free to ping me via post or DM about anything involving 'local knowledge' -- restaurants, activities, anything

And yeah I'm expecting my house to be full, I had people asking to stay here pretty much as soon as the home and home was scheduled :LOL:

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Hopefully, we will be tailgating at an Auburn fan’s motorhome. We have a connection! I’ll be traveling to Macon with MaconNitt and heading to Auburn from there. Now if we only get some tickets.

Iionscott

Oct 6, 2021
Not op either, but staying in Hampton inn on south college in Auburn. Have 3 rooms booked there. Also, have three book at the avid, which is close by to hampton

WanderingSpectator

Oct 12, 2021

A free shuttle to the stadium runs from a shopping center called Tiger Town at Exit 58 of Interstate 85

If you don't mind walking a mile or two, there are a couple of neighborhoods you can park in and hoof it to the stadium

If you need a hotel room, Columbus, GA, LaGrange, GA and Montgomery are all reasonable options

Feel free to ping me via post or DM about anything involving 'local knowledge' -- restaurants, activities, anything

And yeah I'm expecting my house to be full, I had people asking to stay here pretty much as soon as the home and home was scheduled :LOL:
What are the “iconic” places to see, things to do, places to eat/drink, etc?

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021

Give us the rundown as far as where to grab a drink or dine in town and what to expect regarding lines. Thanks.

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
Not the OP but I am staying in Columbus Ga. Unless we can find something closer. But, does not look like many options
Columbus has a nice downtown with good places to eat. The National Infantry Museum is great (it is not downtown) and is a don't miss it place if you are into history. There is also a civil war naval museum that is cool. Beerwise, I like Chattabrewchee and Cannon Bre Pub

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
Give us the rundown as far as where to grab a drink or dine in town and what to expect regarding lines. Thanks.

The best restaurant in Auburn is Acre. The owner beat Jose Garces on Iron Chef and narrowly lost to Bobby on Beat Bobby Flay

He also started Bow & Arrow which is more casual and wonderful

The Irritable Bao in downtown Auburn is very popular (long lines)

Byron's BBQ is good and has been featured by Todd Blackledge

If you are like me and dislike waiting, go to the adjoining town of Opelika to eat. Butcher Paper BBQ is great. If you want higher end, I like Zazu

Opelika has a pinball parlor (owner is super cool) and two microbreweries

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
What are the “iconic” places to see, things to do, places to eat/drink, etc?
Toomer's Corner is the place you see on TV, you definitely want to see it and its oak trees

The iconic places to eat/drink are Momma Goldberg's and Toomer's Lemonade. I think they both are terrible however. Puny sandwiches in the first case, sickening sweet in the second. These are the sort of places alumni remember as much better than they actually are (CC Peppers comes to mind :LOL:)

The all sports museum is great. They have Cam's Heisman and the 2010 National Championship trophy among other items

If you like the outdoors, Chewacla State Park is shockingly close and very nice. I buy an annual pass

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
Not op either, but staying in Hampton inn on south college in Auburn. Have 3 rooms booked there. Also, have three book at the avid, which is close by to hampton
I'd ask the staff what they recommend. Public transportation should run close by.

You will be close to this place which is very popular
https://www.panniegeorgeskitchen.com/

Iionscott

Oct 6, 2021

Thank you for All the info one other question, what is your opinion of the Hound Restaurant? Heard good things

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
One question: what is face value for a game ticket. Just wondering how much the price has been jacked up on the secondary market.

Iionscott

Oct 6, 2021
Coincidentally I am having lunch there tomorrow. I like it a lot!
@From Atherton to Auburn how was the Hound? Question also, ever hear of a place called Amsterdams ? Friend of mine was checking out places and said their menu looked good. Also, how far is the Acre from 2430 South College (Hampton inn) ?

is staying at the Hampton like staying out at a north atherton hotel as far as proximity to The downtown and/or Jordan Hare? Thanks

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
@From Atherton to Auburn how was the Hound? Question also, ever hear of a place called Amsterdams ? Friend of mine was checking out places and said their menu looked good. Also, how far is the Acre from 2430 South College (Hampton inn) ?

is staying at the Hampton like staying out at a north atherton hotel as far as proximity to The downtown and/or Jordan Hare? Thanks
The Hound was good. We had a great hummus appetizer. My friend had the BTA sandwich (bacon turkey avocado). She's 28 so naturally there had to be avocado :LOL: I had a Chicago beef sandwich and it was good not great, would not order again. My fries were excellent though. Burgers are a better bet. Also they have a good bourbon selection if you are into that

Amsterdams is a fine choice, the only downside is parking is very limited. When we moved here in the mid-2000s, it was the only really nice restaurant in Auburn but luckily that has changed. They also usually have a good bourbon selection

I think those distances are roughly the same -- both too far to walk -- although in theory you could walk from one of those North Atherton hotels by cutting through the neighborhood. As mentioned above, Pannie George is near the Hampton Inn and is a well regarded soul food place. I believe Todd B featured it on TV one time

Speaking of Todd, he has stated a couple of times that Acre is one of his favorite restaurants anywhere. It is definitely the bucket list place to go if you can get a reservation. Very limited parking but they use valet parking

Also fairly close to the Hampton Inn is a new Fuzzy's Taco Shop. I have not been there but it has been getting good reviews. It is a chain based in (I believe) Texas. Ours is the first one to get a drive-thru

CvilleElksCoach

Oct 8, 2021
The Hound was good. We had a great hummus appetizer. My friend had the BTA sandwich (bacon turkey avocado). She's 28 so naturally there had to be avocado :LOL: I had a Chicago beef sandwich and it was good not great, would not order again. My fries were excellent though. Burgers are a better bet. Also they have a good bourbon selection if you are into that

Amsterdams is a fine choice, the only downside is parking is very limited. When we moved here in the mid-2000s, it was the only really nice restaurant in Auburn but luckily that has changed. They also usually have a good bourbon selection

I think those distances are roughly the same -- both too far to walk -- although in theory you could walk from one of those North Atherton hotels by cutting through the neighborhood. As mentioned above, Pannie George is near the Hampton Inn and is a well regarded soul food place. I believe Todd B featured it on TV one time

Speaking of Todd, he has stated a couple of times that Acre is one of his favorite restaurants anywhere. It is definitely the bucket list place to go if you can get a reservation. Very limited parking but they use valet parking

Also fairly close to the Hampton Inn is a new Fuzzy's Taco Shop. I have not been there but it has been getting good reviews. It is a chain based in (I believe) Texas. Ours is the first one to get a drive-thru
We use to have a Fuzzys Tacos here. It was fair. They don’t season the food enough. It was bland. It survived about 18-24 months.

WanderingSpectator

Oct 12, 2021

DC89

Oct 8, 2021
@From Atherton to Auburn So if I understand it correctly there really isn’t a tailgate option unless we reserve through the tailgate guys? Except the Hayfields but that is far away and first come first serve.

Reactions: PSU87

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Looks like there may be a parking spot opening up at Auburn.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Last year there was a very friendly Auburn fan that frequented our board before and after the game. Can't remember his "name", but he enjoyed his visit to Penn State. If you're out there, maybe you can help these guys out.

Reactions: wile e coyote

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
There is a Friday night alumni mixer at a local brewery. You do need to sign up and here is the link

LINK

I'm hoping for a dunk tank with Rodney Erickson -- could be a great fundraiser!