Franklin Record

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Rinse and repeat. I’ve said for several years. It won’t change. PSU is #3 or #4 in the B1G east and always will be. They do not believe in winning the LOS. Splash plays is what Franklion likes and they rarely work in slobberknocker ball. It is what it is beer Franklion. We’ll see if Krafty believes in it. I do not think he does as he has B1G petigree.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Your close on some of those records , but you are right Joe had losing records against half the coaches in the conference , that is a fact , but always overlooked .
Not close. Spot on. Look it up.

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
Franklin's perrformance against the 'top' teams in the B1G East is actually not too bad - he's very good at getting Penn State to play to their level. Unfortunately, that goes both ways. Bad losses to Pitt, Minnesota, and Iowa have derailed likely B1G Championship/CFP appearance years. Taking losses against Michigan and OSU while not great, aren't killers if you take care of business against everyone else (and only Michigan and OSU have as good or better talent than PSU year in, year out). We need to take 2/3 against Michigan, Minny, and OSU to get a NY6 game, which would be a solid year. Of course, Maryland and Michigan State are still lurking....
I believe we only need to take 1 of 3 not 2 of 3 based on the following.

We were projected this past week to go to the Orange Bowl, Michigan to the Rose Bowl and Ohio State to the playoffs.

Obviously then Ohio State would be undefeated, Michigan would have one loss (to Ohio State) to get to the Rose Bowl and Penn State two losses (to Michigan and Ohio State).

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I believe we only need to take 1 of 3 not 2 of 3 based on the following.

We were projected this past week to go to the Orange Bowl, Michigan to the Rose Bowl and Ohio State to the playoffs.

Obviously then Ohio State would be undefeated, Michigan would have one loss (to Ohio State) to get to the Rose Bowl and Penn State two losses (to Michigan and Ohio State).

Minny game is huge.

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
Minny game is huge.
Yep. We still have a lot to play for.

Having the team come back after losing to a top 10 team that was AT HOME AND WAS FAVORED to win, against a team we should beat at our place, is perhaps a better judge of Franklin’s ability than losing to a very good Michigan team in Ann Arbor.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Yep. We still have a lot to play for.

Having the team come back after losing to a top 10 team that was AT HOME AND WAS FAVORED to win, against a team we should beat at our place, is perhaps a better judge of Franklin’s ability than losing to a very good Michigan team in Ann Arbor.
I wouldn't go that far. Getting crushed by Michigan is a pretty good indicator of Franklin's ability. Did PSU do anything good in that game?

Reactions: Midnighter

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I wouldn't go that far. Getting crushed by Michigan is a pretty good indicator of Franklin's ability. Did PSU do anything good in that game?
They didn’t do anything good in Ann Arbor in 2016 either. That season turned out ok. Let’s have some patience and see how it turns out. Next week will be a test of this teams leadership and resilience. Bounce back and get the win, who knows what happens. Come out flat and drop the next game and it could end ugly for our boys.

Reactions: saturdaysarebetter