Game 2: Ohio @ Penn State, Sat 9/10, Noon EST, ABC Pre-Game Thread

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I remember FLO. o_O ‘s debut against ohio u in 2012. I was there and thought we would steamroll the bobcats despite that challenges we were facing. Then they played. 😞

• Sad
Reactions: step.eng69

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I'm hoping for a 1st half blowout, leading to a 2nd half of Allar running our complete offense. We need to get Allar ready for moments like Thursday and for next year as the starter.

Reactions: EPC FAN and bdgan

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
I saw a person wearing a white T-shirt with a large green OHIO on it a few years ago in a store. I figured it was an Ohio U fan since green and white are the school colors. As I approached the person closer, below the OHIO was printed in very small letters “State University.” Those $uckeye people apparently like to appropriate other schools schemes to assert their “superiority“ over the other state supported universities.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
No. It’s Ohio, not Miami of Ohio.

Which isn’t called Miami of Ohio btw.

It’s Miami University which became a university before Florida became a state.

Ohio University, the school we are playing next week is the traditional rival of Miami University, think Pitt (Ohio U.) vs Penn State (Miami U.).

Reactions: aferrelli

CincinnatiLion

Oct 7, 2021
I saw a person wearing a white T-shirt with a large green OHIO on it a few years ago in a store. I figured it was an Ohio U fan since green and white are the school colors. As I approached the person closer, below the OHIO was printed in very small letters “State University.” Those $uckeye people apparently like to appropriate other schools schemes to assert their “superiority“ over the other state supported universities.
Yes indeed. Just like their big cheer at the stadium is O-H-I-O. I’ve told their fans, what the heck, I thought we were watching Ohio State play, not Ohio! They don’t appreciate that too much. 😂

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Ohio U is a beautiful campus in the middle of nowhere. Parkersburg WVa is the closest town about an hour away. Columbus is about 2 hours.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
PSU opens as a 27-point favorite.
not sure what the Ohio Univ Bobcats bring that will be good tests - assuming we are also bringing full game. I am interested in watching two things - our ability to run the ball and our ability to stop the run. right now, neither appear to be demonstrated by Penn State. we can assume whatever the "magic defense" that people are playing against us to stop the run will be present in every game. It appears that teams will assume that Sean Clifford will be a minimum running threat.

when we are on D, it will be good to see what we do to stop the run by a lesser opponent. Purdue actually was far more successful running than most anyone thought, and they were among the worst in CFB last year.

hoping to see major progress in both areas this week.

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
not sure what the Ohio Univ Bobcats bring that will be good tests - assuming we are also bringing full game. I am interested in watching two things - our ability to run the ball and our ability to stop the run. right now, neither appear to be demonstrated by Penn State. we can assume whatever the "magic defense" that people are playing against us to stop the run will be present in every game. It appears that teams will assume that Sean Clifford will be a minimum running threat.

when we are on D, it will be good to see what we do to stop the run by a lesser opponent. Purdue actually was far more successful running than most anyone thought, and they were among the worst in CFB last year.

hoping to see major progress in both areas this week.
Part of what helped Purdue run was that they did it so infrequently. We were in a pass defense most of the night with nickle and dime alignments. That meant only two lbs who were quick to drop into coverage. Unless we are going to be playing a pass first offense like Purdue again, I would expect more 4-3 with lbs filling gaps instead of dropping into coverage as primary responsibility. That will help defend against the run.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Ohio will be a pass first offense much like Purdue was, although presumably not as good.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
To celebrat the 10 year anniversary of the last meeting with Ohio, CJF will have a linebacker run back kick offs.

I am expecting it to be Charlie Katshir.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Reactions: 86ed and BVSt.Paul