Game 4: Central Michigan @ Penn State, Sept 24, Noon, BTN PreGame Thread

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
This game may be a good indication as to how the rest of the year will go. We have a lot of young kids. Are they mature enough to put Saturday behind them and not take anything for granted. Can they prepare like they did last week and go out and execute on each down? I'm eager to see what this team is about.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
This game may be a good indication as to how the rest of the year will go. We have a lot of young kids. Are they mature enough to put Saturday behind them and not take anything for granted. Can they prepare like they did last week and go out and execute on each down? I'm eager to see what this team is about.
I don't think we're going to learn anything on Saturday. PSU can probably sleepwalk through this game and win by 20.

PSU could play 4 QBs in this game.

Last edited:

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
PSU opens as 24 pt favs. The Lions don’t seem to do well when favored by such a large margin.

Reactions: marshall23

PSUFBFAN

Oct 7, 2021

I give McGloin big time props for the way he played qb his senior year (2012) and going from a walk on to an NFL starting qb, even if it were only for a short time.

However, if anyone has paid any attention to his coverage/commentary of CJF and the football program, he is one if the most negative "analysts" out there regarding the PSU program. He can stay home for all I care.

Last edited:

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
I don't think we're going to learn anything on Saturday. PSU can probably sleepwalk through this game and win by 20.

PSU could play 4 QBs in this game.
With such expectations, only disappointment can occur.

Reactions: bdgan

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
An excerpt from above "The First Look..." post:
"On Saturday Penn State should have a chance to take a big lead, rest starters, play much of the roster and set itself for the Big Ten schedule, which resumes favorably with a home game against Northwestern on Oct. 1."

Another option may be to start the 2nd string (say, at least for the 1st Qtr) and let them feel the game pressure instead of taking over with a big lead. Make it 'real.'

Reactions: ManxomeLion

PSUFBFAN

Oct 7, 2021
"On Saturday Penn State should have a chance to take a big lead, rest starters, play much of the roster and set itself for the Big Ten schedule, which resumes favorably with a home game against Northwestern on Oct. 1."

Another option may be to start the 2nd string (say, at least for the 1st Qtr) and let them feel the game pressure instead of taking over with a big lead. Make it 'real.'
0.0% chance of that happening.

Reactions: Prindy and OhioLion

DCLion11

Oct 14, 2021
I give McGloin big time props for the way he played qb his senior year at qb (2012) and going from a walk on to an NFL starting qb, even if it were only for a short time.

However, if anyone has paid any attention to his coverage/commentary of CJF and the football program, he is one if the most negative "analysts" out there regarding the PSU program. He can stay home for all I care.
Haven't paid much attention to his coverage, but i can imagine former players from teams may over index on criticism to appear more objective which could be the case here. Millen also comes across as fairly critical of Penn State during games where he is announcing. Blackledge has balanced it well.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021

Or start all the walk ons.....let them get down by three scores and then see if the starters can overcome the deficit.
People acting like this team wasn't 9-4 last year and scored 44 on Oklahoma State.

Reactions: OhioLion

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
I give McGloin big time props for the way he played qb his senior year (2012) and going from a walk on to an NFL starting qb, even if it were only for a short time.

Well, can't say I've heard him openly rooting for a Penn State opponent. I can say that for Matt Millen.

Latest posts