Gardening identification sought

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
Greetings everyone. Other than grass (which grows really well), what is this plant growing in my garden?

I must have planted it as it is growing in a row. I planted asparagus last year but I thought it first grew fern like before you trim it back to the crown so it grows and looks like asparagus the following year.

I planted spinach but I thought it grew closer to the ground rather than so tall.

I don't believe it's squash or zucchini or cucumbers as I've grown those before.

Can you identify it from the photo? Thank you in advance.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff
Cheech And Chong Weed GIF

Reactions: rudedude

Fac

Oct 12, 2021
I have been fight a weed known as Virginia Buttonweed here in Louisiana. I finally found a chemical that will kill it.
Anybody else have this particular weed problem?

Weed Free Zone by Ferti.lome is the Chemical.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I have been fight a weed known as Virginia Buttonweed here in Louisiana. I finally found a chemical that will kill it.

Unfortunately, I’ve been fighting a possum…didn’t realize it until Sunday night when I finally caught him in the act of scarfing down my tomatoes. I’d trap him, but don’t really want to deal with him after I get him, or risk getting a skunk instead.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021

Wicked nasty **** that sends out stolons/runners and chokes out St Augustine.

It can only be killed by a combination of hand pulling during the summer and fall (after a heavy rain so the roots are loosened from the soil) coupled with application of pre-emergent in February.

Check the Texas A&M or LSU website for which pre-emergent to use. Good luck. It’s a 2 year process to completely get rid of it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Fac and WDLion

wbcbus

Oct 8, 2021
Some sort of lettuce or kale that has bolted and gone to seed.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Wicked nasty **** that sends out stolons/runners and chokes out St Augustine.

It can only be killed by a combination of hand pulling during the summer and fall (after a heavy rain so the roots are loosened from the soil) coupled with application of pre-emergent in February.

Check the Texas A&M or LSU website for which pre-emergent to use. Good luck. It’s a 2 year process to completely get rid of it.

Or you can try applying a few drops of roundup with an eye dropper. There are only a few plants that I've come across that are resistant to it.