Go LIONS, beat bucs live game thread.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
The analytics support it? How so? If it’s too complicated I’ll be satisfied with a “because they do.”
Well, Collinsworth said the analytics show kicking 2 extra points was 95%. The chance to make a single 2 point conversion was 50%. It’s just math. ;)

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
The math/analytics support it...it's something that you're seeing more and more coaches do.
Situational awareness matters and that situation did not call for a 2-pt conversion.

IF they made it, great. They still needed another TD. And they needed to hold the lions from scoring again.

As is, they failed. Now they needed to hold the lions, Score a TDS, and then make a 2-pt conversion attempt just to tie.

Reactions: Psu00 and LionJim

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Situational awareness matters and that situation did not call for a 2-pt conversion.

IF they made it, great. They still needed another TD. And they needed to hold the lions from scoring again.

As is, they failed. Now they needed to hold the lions, Score a TDS, and then make a 2-pt conversion attempt just to tie.
The situation absolutely called for it, and it's pretty much the ideal spot to implement that strategy.

As the ESPN article noted...at a high level, it takes your odds of winning if you hold the opponent and score one more time yourselves from about 50/50 to about 60/40. I'm all in favor of strategies that increase my chances of winning a game.

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
The situation absolutely called for it, and it's pretty much the ideal spot to implement that strategy.

As the ESPN article noted...at a high level, it takes your odds of winning if you hold the opponent and score one more time yourselves from about 50/50 to about 60/40. I'm all in favor of strategies that increase my chances of winning a game.
IF. IF. IF. IF you hold them
The entire dynamics and assumptions of the game and the situation change depending on if they score the two or not. As it was, TB put themselves at a disadvantage by missing.

Reactions: Psu00
Dec 14, 2021
Why in God’s name go for 2 there?
Agree. If you kick the point, get a stop, and score again, you have all of your options available. Go for 2 & the win. Go for 1 & play overtime. If you fail on the first TD 2-point conversion, you HAVE to go for 2 and you can only tie.

Reactions: Psu00

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
IF. IF. IF. IF you hold them
The entire dynamics and assumptions of the game and the situation change depending on if they score the two or not. As it was, TB put themselves at a disadvantage by missing.
You're going to need to hold them for any path to winning...if you can't stop them and they go back up two scores again, then the game is over regardless of if you've gone for 1 or 2.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Agree. If you kick the point, get a stop, and score again, you have all of your options available. Go for 2 & the win. Go for 1 & play overtime. If you fail on the first TD 2-point conversion, you HAVE to go for 2 and you can only tie.
Going for 2 after the second score would be the worst possible decision. If you're going to go for 2, you do it after the first score, then you can still make up for that lost point by going for it after the second score. You go for it after the second score, and it has determined your fate.

Reactions: LionJim

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Son2 is a meat head, told me he’s putting on 20lbs of muscle before his April birthday, said we’re not drinking til then I’m like wut?
Fortunately the weed store down the street is offering all kinds of "dry January" deals...it's also cool since I don't do dry january. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
4/20 is an awesome day for more than a few reasons.

Reactions: LionJim

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
Going for 2 after the second score would be the worst possible decision. If you're going to go for 2, you do it after the first score, then you can still make up for that lost point by going for it after the second score. You go for it after the second score, and it has determined your fate.
Or….
Maybe you kick an XP each time and roll the dice in OT.

the assumptions built in to “the analytics” are way too simplified