According to many of the experts, Duke won't beat Gonzaga. I think that Duke is actually a matchup nightmare for the Zags. Thoughts?
I'm with WI# on this. In my younger years, I'd be looking at possible later match-ups. Now, I just want them to beat North Florida or Robert Morris. IF that occurs, I'll then shift my attention SDSU or St. Johns. Taking nothing for granted anymore. I think I'll enjoy the wins more because of this.Originally posted by Crank_it_loud:
According to many of the experts, Duke won't beat Gonzaga. I think that Duke is actually a matchup nightmare for the Zags. Thoughts?
I think Niang may be able to beat Winslow up in the post, and I do think ISU would secure a pretty big strategic victory if we have to downsize to Winslow at the 4 for most of the game -- as that significantly neutralizes our size advantage. Yes, we would have a hobbled Okafor at the 5 who's still good offensively, but not really rebounding / defending well -- but aside from that, ISU would then be as big or bigger than us at the 1-4 spots. IMO, while I'm sure we'd see some Winslow at the 4, I think Jefferson's the better defensive matchup over a 40 minute game and it also protects Winslow from foul trouble.Originally posted by duke198025:
Iowa St is very good and would be tough for Zags or Duke to beat. The thing I do like about them matching up with Duke is I feel Winslow could over match him athletically and physically at the 4.
Devils Illustrated Football
My Take on Others: Trying to rerack isn't so simple
Devils Illustrated Football Recruiting
Duke Commit Tracker: How the Blue Devils’ Class of 2027 played in Week 6
Devils Illustrated Football Recruiting
Recruits react to William & Mary-Duke visit
College Football Playoff
College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
On3 Football
College Football Rankings: AP Poll Top 25 after Week 4 released