Happy 65th Birthday to Catherine Mary Stewart.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
I dated a girl (before Mrs. G) who looked very much like Catherine. That young lady asked me out at a time when doing so was uncommon. She was beautiful, smart, and enchanting, but just as we started to get serious I met Mrs. G and I was smitten. I fell in love and the rest is history. After 50 years we are still together. Sadly, the other young lady died before her 60th birthday. I have no doubt she rests in peace.

MV5BMTA5NjY0MDQ2NDdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg4MzQ1MjI@._V1_.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
I dated a girl (before Mrs. G) who looked very much like Catherine. That young lady asked me out at a time when doing so was uncommon. She was beautiful, smart, and enchanting, but just as we started to get serious I met Mrs. G and I was smitten. I fell in love and the rest is history. After 50 years we are still together. Sadly, the other young lady died before her 60th birthday. I have no doubt she rests in peace.

View attachment 563008
šŸ˜„

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021

View attachment 563007
View attachment 563008
What did the Catherine look alike and Mrs G see in you?

Reactions: fairgambit

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
What did the Catherine look alike and Mrs G see in you?
That's a fair question and I will give you a fair answer because.... I am fair. šŸ™ƒ
Being as honest as I can, my looks were above average, as was my intelligence, but that alone would not have been enough. Women have told me that what they most admire in me is that I listen to them, I have a good sense of humor, and I am chivalrous (respectful of them) to a fault. I would hope most men act similarly, but perhaps that is not so.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
That's a fair question and I will give you a fair answer because.... I am fair. šŸ™ƒ
Being as honest as I can, my looks were above average, as was my intelligence, but that alone would not have been enough. Women have told me that what they most admire in me is that I listen to them, I have a good sense of humor, and I am chivalrous (respectful of them) to a fault. I would hope most men act similarly, but perhaps that is not so.
Good looking, intelligent, funny, and sensitive? I thought you were just going to keep it simple and admit that you married up (like me).

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Good looking, intelligent, funny, and sensitive? I thought you were just going to keep it simple and admit that you married up (like me).
Oh, I definitely did marry up, but in fairness to my wife, I was not chopped liver. That said, she could have had any guy she wanted but I had great timing and a lot of luck. I was bold, asking her to the prom when we had never dated before. It paid off. God knows why, but she accepted and the rest is history.

Last edited:

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Oh, I definitely did marry up, but in fairness to my wife, I was not chopped liver. That said, she could have had any guy she wanted but I had great timing and a lot of luck. I was bold, asking her to the prom when we had never dated before. It paid off. God knows why, but she accepted and the rest is history.
My wife actually picked me (long story). Whenever she gets upset with me I remind her of that fact. Unsurprisingly it doesn't work.

• Love

Latest posts