Happy Cinco de Mayo.

nittanyfan333

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,778
7,417
113
Another demonstration of French military prowess.

If you don't pay the interest on your bills, the French will try to bully you and take over and eventually fail inspiring unity, big hats, guac and margaritas while white people think erroneously it's Mexican Independence Day.


Lesson learned, I guess
 

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,530
37,728
113
In the spirit of the day, I put Duke’s Mayo on my sammich for lunch.

 

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,772
21,494
113
I understand that they really don't celebrate cinco de mayo in mexico....

Is the entire united states guilty of cultural appropriation for celebrating a mexican holiday? Should we be cancelled??
This country needs to put more of an effort to celebrate Dia de los Muertos.
 

nittanyfan333

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,778
7,417
113
Sorry for bringing up such a controversial topic.

So…… I have history with cinco de mayo

I married a Mexican. Because of that, I can’t tell you how many people wish me happy Mexican Independence Day on cinco de mayo. Drives me nuts. So I make it my mission to educate people on the actual reason behind the day.

Not controversial.
 

Shepdogg

Senior
Nov 1, 2021
418
484
63
I had thought it was Mexican Independence Day. What is Cinco de Mayo and why did I start this thread?
 
Last edited:
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting Penn State commit Stanley Montgomery returns from surgery: 'He hasn't lost a step'
  2. 02 BWI Football Projecting Penn State's offensive travel roster and depth chart against Northwestern
  3. 03 BWI Football 5 bold predictions for Penn State-Northwestern: Will Rocco Becht bounce back tonight?
  4. 04 BWI Football How to watch Penn State-Northwestern; pregame info, weather, spread, start time, more: Gameday Central
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern Thursday injury reports: What are the top takeaways 24 hours before kickoff?