He Is Risen!!

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
Quick question. Why did a mod delete my post in this thread from yesterday?

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
It was just a satire skit that uses clean humor to defend the historical reality of the resurrection. It was meant to encourage those who posted in the thread.
It took me a couple of viewings to get the satire and then I showed it to my wife, without comment, and she got it right away.
I think sometimes satire falls flat because it requires too much thinking to get the point. Perhaps that was the case here. On an Easter morning it was unexpected in the thread and that may have led some, including me, to miss the satire initially.

Reactions: CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
It took me a couple of viewings to get the satire and then I showed it to my wife, without comment, and she got it right away.
I think sometimes satire falls flat because it requires too much thinking to get the point. Perhaps that was the case here. On an Easter morning it was unexpected in the thread and that may have led some, including me, to miss the satire initially.
Perhaps I should have posted a satire disclaimer!

I’m currently in seminary and I’ve written/preached a few sermons. I usually prefer to include some lighthearted parts to my sermons for multiple reasons. I think appropriate humor and truth can be a powerful mix.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Perhaps I should have posted a satire disclaimer!

I’m currently in seminary and I’ve written/preached a few sermons. I usually prefer to include some lighthearted parts to my sermons for multiple reasons. I think appropriate humor and truth can be a powerful mix.
I agree about the humor. I recall a Catholic priest many years ago who always put a joke in his sermon but you never knew where it would be so people had to listen to the whole sermon so as not to miss it. It was probably not necessary as he was a gifted speaker, but it was enjoyed by all.

Reactions: CyphaPSU