Here’s the sunshine…

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
I don’t consider myself much of a pumper at all, but I’ll say it. We can still make some serious noise this year. Look at the league as a whole. The SEC is down. There is no one that truly scares me after what we saw today. Today was the ultimate barometer for us in the SEC. Although we lost, I think we all see we’re good enough to not get embarrassed by anyone in the league. Watching UT/UF I’m certainly not intimidated by either of them. Call it a moral victory or whatever, but I’m actually encouraged about the rest of the season. Scheme the offense to have even a serviceable O-line and I’m rocking with 9-3. Only other loss coming to **holds back throw up** Mizz in the other Columbia.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I don’t consider myself much of a pumper at all, but I’ll say it. We can still make some serious noise this year. Look at the league as a whole. The SEC is down. There is no one that truly scares me after what we saw today. Today was the ultimate barometer for us in the SEC. Although we lost, I think we all see we’re good enough to not get embarrassed by anyone in the league. Watching UT/UF I’m certainly not intimidated by either of them. Call it a moral victory or whatever, but I’m actually encouraged about the rest of the season. Scheme the offense to have even a serviceable O-line and I’m rocking with 9-3. Only other loss coming to **holds back throw up** Mizz in the other Columbia.
I thought we looked well-coached, confident, and for the most part competitive with the top team in the country. You are correct and this should be our toughest test of the year. We probably didn't face their best game but we didn't play perfect either. I feel pretty good about the remainder of the season, probably moreso than before the game.

Last edited:

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
"Well coached" should include putting the players that give us the best chance to win on the field -- there were a few exceptions.

Reactions: Johncock

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
How about Anderson, once it became clear Joyner wasnt going to gain even 3 yards on a carry?

And Wells should never have seen the field given his condition, but I'm grateful he scored a TD that didn't matter in the second half.
Well, I would say Wells, more than just about anyone, gives us the best chance for winning. I would have like to see Anderson get more carries also....though against the UGA DL don't know whether it would have made much difference. I thought the way we game-planned the O for them was very good.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
9-3??? Oh lord. This team is an amalgamation of disparate parts put together from week to week to throw a ball around. I have zero faith in anything greater than a 6-6 record.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Well, I would say Wells, more than just about anyone, gives us the best chance for winning. I would have like to see Anderson get more carries also....though against the UGA DL don't know whether it would have made much difference. I thought the way we game-planned the O for them was very good.
We have to figure out a running game. To me Joyner is more of a fullback and Anderson is a halfback. Running Anderson wide needs to be tried with some pitch sweeps or such and he also seems to find better holes between the tackles with some wiggle and twisting moves. I understand that Joyner is a loyal Gamecock but making him the default RB is not working to take heat off Rattler with a run game. DLogg's game plan was good and worked great until GA took the passing game away with the pressure.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
9-3??? Oh lord. This team is an amalgamation of disparate parts put together from week to week to throw a ball around. I have zero faith in anything greater than a 6-6 record.

And I’ll push back. RB is the only room that has just been thrown together to try and get by. The lines need work, but again, if they can be even serviceable I see 9-3 as a real possibility.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
I don’t know about 9-3 but I saw the fight and the game plan today to win games so I can’t argue with you. We need to get healthy. The schedule is brutal.

Reactions: StillH8FATBRAD

Dynamite Jones

Sep 16, 2023
I definitely see improvement in this team so far. Think winning out is a definite possibility as I think Rattler is a top 5 QB nationally and the best in the SEC. Thought the DL played well especially the interior. TJ Sanders and Tonka were plesent surprises. Gotta limit the penalties moving forward and if we can get juice back healthy and keep improving on the OL, then the sky's the limit for this team. I know a loss is a loss but I was really impressed with the game plan and the effort of the players.

Mic4usc

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Jan 22, 2022
I thought we looked well-coached, confident, and for the most part competitive with the top team in the country. You are correct and this should be our toughest test of the year. We probably didn't face their best game but we didn't play perfect either. I feel pretty good about the remainder of the season, probably moreso than before the game.
Just can’t show up flat next week and let UGA beat you twice. It would be horrible to start 1-3 potentially 1-4 against teams we could beat. I think we seriously need to start scheduling like UK and just start 3-0 every year.

Dynamite Jones

Sep 16, 2023
I would prefer to play UGA every year. Maybe not the 3rd game but definitely every year. I hope we continue to improve in all areas as the season wears on. I believe Beamer gets his first of many 10 win seasons this year. Will believe it even more if we can handle business next Saturday against the other bulldogs. Think M. Anderson will start getting more carries. Definitely excited about the rest of the season and man that Colorado vs Colorado St game was a barn burner. The legend of Coach Prime continues. Go Cocks!!

Carolina Doc

Joined Aug 16, 2019
Jan 25, 2022
The SEC truly sucks. That is our lone salvation. Arkansas just lost at home to BYU and looked like clowns doing it. I'm disgusted with the SEC.
It's a myth about the almighty SEC anyway. Its usually only a few of the top teams that are elite and the rest are as pedestrian as anyone.

Reactions: Lurker123

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
It's a myth about the almighty SEC anyway. Its usually only a few of the top teams that are elite and the rest are as pedestrian as anyone.
It's not a myth. The redoubtable reputation came about for a reason. There have been some legendary games in the years where the SEC had, say, three teams capable of winning whatever national championship existed at a given time. That potential ain't there now. We have one at the most.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Any player with a pulse in Fubar, I mean Fugar’s spot.
Arkansas had a boy last night, No. 62, who got flagged, I believe, six times for various penalties, including three times on their last drive that could have tied the game. He, more than any of other player, caused them to lose to BYU. Just a dumb plowboy that has no business playing as an offensive lineman in any serious conference.

Latest posts