Hey DS

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Fixed my other thing I think. I know you are gonna get a lot of stupid questions but what does that tags crap mean.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
he has a link pinned to the top of the board for tech questions. not trying to be an ***...just trying to help the man out.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Tags are search terms that can be added to topics. Tags make it easier to find topics on certain subjects if the tag words are used wisely. They are an alternate way to search for information, as they will only show topics if the word you are looking for was used as a tag.

You can show the tag box at the top of the forum, but it will not show up until there are 6 different tags in use in the forum.

And since we have about 95% dumbassedry on this board, I don't want to rely on people tagging their posts.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm pretty sure the level of dumbassedry on this (and all other) message board is way more than 95%.

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Quick reply is a good thing when used right, but because of idiots will make the whole threaded view we waited to get implemented null and useless.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Yes, quick reply should only be used if the first post you read is the one you want to reply to.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Is it somehow easier to click the quick reply button than to click the reply button to the first post? I just don't see the advantage of having it, and as has been pointed out the dubmasses will make it even harder to tell who is replying to who than it used to be because they now have another way to screw it up.

CullyCobb

Mar 4, 2008
patdog said:
Is it somehow easier to click the quick reply button than to click the reply button to the first post? I just don't see the advantage of having it, and as has been pointed out the dubmasses will make it even harder to tell who is replying to who than it used to be because they now have another way to screw it up.

Once you get down to the bottom of a thread, and of course want to make a general comment that isn't necessarily a reply to a specific post, the quick reply is very useful. Some message boards do game threads, for example, and it's great then. Plus, it is a big text box, much easier to hit than that tiny "reply" link.</p>