How long has it been since we've had an offense that recruits wanted to play in?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Prior to the UT and Clemson games this year, when's the last time we ran an offense that recruits could turn on the tv on any given week and think "man, I'd love to play in that offense"?

Beamer has a chance here to make a hire that really impacts recruiting. Combined with our overall success and the wins over UT and Clemson in which our offense showed out, there is some real potential here.

As much as I'm not a fan of the offensive explosion in college football, it's where we are. Give me a tense, old fashioned 9-3 slobber knocker any day of the week. But the video game generation would rather win 65-63.

If Shane can find an OC that operates a fun offense and puts points on the board, it will put us in great position. I have to think the offense we were running prior to the UT game was a major liability for recruiting offensive players. WHY would anyone want to play in that offense? The play calling was b-o-r-i-n-g and ineffective. I had to imagine it was recruit repellent.

Whoever we hire, they need to run an offense that top offensive recruits look at and imagine themselves playing in.

Last edited: