I couldn't help but think about...

PiscatawayMike

Heisman
Jul 27, 2001
17,476
15,494
113
RU football's 2005 season opener at Illinois last night.

For those who don't recall, we blew a 27-7 lead and lost in OT. I attended the game. I left Champaign devastated, thinking our program was never going to get over the hump.

As it turned out, the 2005 grid season became one of the most rewarding in Rutgers history as our beloved Scarlet Knights earned their first bowl appearance since 1978.

If the 2015-16 basketball season turns out to be anywhere near as enjoyable as the 2005 football season, I'll be a happy camper.
 

BigEastPhil

Heisman
Nov 25, 2007
19,338
13,608
66
Mike - nice post.......As bad as a loss last night was, I wasn't devastated as I realize our squad is young and they need to learn to win..or maybe I'm not devastated because I just recently came out of mourning from the Mets....
 

Loyal_2RU

Heisman
Aug 6, 2001
15,329
11,229
113
RU football's 2005 season opener at Illinois last night.

For those who don't recall, we blew a 27-7 lead and lost in OT. I attended the game. I left Champaign devastated, thinking our program was never going to get over the hump.

As it turned out, the 2005 grid season became one of the most rewarding in Rutgers history as our beloved Scarlet Knights earned their first bowl appearance since 1978.

If the 2015-16 basketball season turns out to be anywhere near as enjoyable as the 2005 football season, I'll be a happy camper.

I believe Champaign is where we first met!
L
 

BigEastPhil

Heisman
Nov 25, 2007
19,338
13,608
66
Loyal - I thought it was at the Thursday Hot Dog buffets at the Big East Tournaments...lol
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game
  4. 04 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  5. 05 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4