I need to apologize to the board regarding UM fans.

Blair10

Nov 14, 2021
I have often posted here that living in Ohiya, 25 miles from Indiana and 17 to Michigan, the ohowihate suckeye fans were worse than the skunk bear fans.
I stand corrected. The skunk bears have sunk to the same level, possibly lower, than the suckeye fans.
Please accept my mea culpa.

OL

This is one reason why Franklin needs to beat Ohio State and Michigan in future schedules. Their fans are insufferable.

Charlie1978

Dec 8, 2022
I have often posted here that living in Ohiya, 25 miles from Indiana and 17 to Michigan, the ohowihate suckeye fans were worse than the skunk bear fans.
I stand corrected. The skunk bears have sunk to the same level, possibly lower, than the suckeye fans.

OL
Thanks for this. These idiots from Ohio, Michigan and Iowa, and throw in Wisconsin is what is multi-generational trauma looks like when your achievements lack merit. It is the opposite of depression when you direct your anger internally. There isn't a B1G team that has sustained excellence like Penn State which was proven to them (and they know it) after the Sandusky incident. None of those teams can switch coaches. let alone be perseuted like we were, without the fear of a losing record. Not us. Since 1967 the only school to compare to our excellence is Alabama, that's three generations of excellence that the supposed blue bloods of the B1G crave but given their low ceiling of personal abilities will never achieve. They have a permenant case of the football measles...and they know it.

Reactions: LionJim

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Yep my baseball comparison for Michigan fans is they are standing on 3B thinking they hit a triple but really got hit by pitch and walked up the wrong baseline to third.
More like they struck out and got to first on a passed ball! :cry:

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
I find that UM and OSU are like ND in that they have a massive fan base that never attended the university... or any university for that matter. I work with many alums from Michigan and Ohio state and they are almost all reasonable, normal, and smart people. It's the "subway alumni", as my ND dad would describe the same ND type fans, that tend to drag down the reputation.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Weā€™re talking about UM fans, not the university. Pay attention.
True but some very questionable students of mine have attended Michigan over much more deserving kids. Lost a lot of respect for the university recently, much like psu

• Sad

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I find it funny thereā€™s a distinction. Iā€™m not Penn state university, but I am Penn state. Donā€™t be daft math man
Sure thereā€™s a distinction. You can have a great school and terrible fans, so-so school and great fans. Itā€™s not complicated. Posters in this thread have mentioned that Michigan has a large contingent of ā€œsubway alumniā€ who ā€œtend to drag down the reputation.ā€ That post, which you gave a Thumbs Up, makes my point, right there. Itā€™s not just me.

I think we can make an argument that Michigan is a better school than Penn State but that doesnā€™t mean that Michigan fans are better than Penn State fans.

Reactions: FHSPSU67

Yogiman71

Oct 8, 2021

OL

I Donā€™t

IMG_0293.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: OhioLion

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021
I find that UM and OSU are like ND in that they have a massive fan base that never attended the university... or any university for that matter. I work with many alums from Michigan and Ohio state and they are almost all reasonable, normal, and smart people. It's the "subway alumni", as my ND dad would describe the same ND type fans, that tend to drag down the reputation.
Same here - I work with a UM Grad and he isn't like those a-holes at all - very reasonable. UM does seem to have fans like the Cowboys have - band wagon turds who couldn't fins Texas on a map but are 1000% more rabid than Dallas Fans from Dallas - it's a weird dynamic.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Same here - I work with a UM Grad and he isn't like those a-holes at all - very reasonable. UM does seem to have fans like the Cowboys have - band wagon turds who couldn't fins Texas on a map but are 1000% more rabid than Dallas Fans from Dallas - it's a weird dynamic.
DMV is lousy with Cowboy fans.

Latest posts