I want our baseball players to show passion. I want our

rjsiwelhj

Feb 29, 2008
baseball coaches to show passion. I want them to expect to win every game. I want them to be better than the other guy. I want them to know it. I want the other guy to know it. I want them to want to win not because it feels good but because the pain of losing is unbearable. I want our players to care as much or more about their batting average and era than their gpa. I want us not to win but beat the other team's ***. I want to expect Omaha not hope for Birmingham. I want to not have to care about the other team's RPI. I dont want to wonder if and where we are going in the postseason. I want to wonder who is getting beaten in the Starkville regional and Starkville Super Regional. I want a national championship. I want a breath of fresh air in MSU baseball.

C

CTLANDBULLDOG

If the damn baseball had not hit Gene Morgan's ankle in 1985 & Miami " bench-warmer Greg Elena had not hit a game winning grand slam, Polk would have already won it! It really makes me sick for Polk that he recommended to Joe Dean Sr. at LSU to hire Skip Bertman and he won how many National Titles? Polk deserves to win it at least once!

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
its going to happen now with Polk. He spends TOO MUCH energy worrying about the ncaa than he does recruiting and getting top notch HS baseball players to MSU.
I may very well be wrong but in my mind I think we should be TOP 10 , really Top 5 EVERY year in baseball recruiting just like Texas, USC, ND, Florida, OSU is in football recruiting. My ? is WHY can we NOT be a perenial Top 10 team each and EVERY year?!??!?!?!?!

C

CTLANDBULLDOG

I agree with you Dawg1 ! He should be in the top five in recruiting every year. When I was growing up in the early eighties, MSU baseball was thought of like North Carolina, Kentucky is in basketball. We were so far ahead of most every university in the nation. You would have thought Polk would have won a NC during those years. Polk could not leave well enough alone and just had to write a book on coaching baseball and share all his secrets for other coaches to copy. The Dudy is the top stadium/atmosphere in all of college baseball even now and even after the great publicity of the crowds at the Clemson regional last year, you would think every great hs/jc player around the country would want to come here. I don't think Polk will ever win an NC in his time here. It will take another young energetic coach to come in and recruit alot better, bigger , more physical players to reach that goal.

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
It's just a bunch of kids playing a GAME. Let them enjoy the game. It's not the cure for cancer and the salvation of mankind, it's fuging baseball, relax.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
MSU baseball became secondary to Polk in the early 90's. Even he knew it and did the right thing and quit. Due to the fans pressure and his own ego he returned but has never been the same. A little spark allowed him to put together the 97 and 98 teams but even those teams were not great teams.

And yes, the game has passed him by. Maybe not so much the game on the field (although I don't think he has ever used all the tools available to win....bunting and more speed and pitcher management, if you will) but the game of recruiting and program management under the present rules. Other coaches seem to function well under the present NCAA rules regardless of the right or wrong. If he can't perform successfully as a coach under the same rules that others perform then he needs to retire. For the third and final time.

MSU baseball fans deserve a coach completely dedicated to MSU baseball and we haven't had that with Polk for approaching twenty years.

M

MsuD00D

Stop putting pressure on them, dammit! These are just kids. And for pete's sake, LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!