I wonder if FSU fans are screaming to fire Norvell. If Olu and our starters at secondary played today....

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
we probably win this game against a really good team. Their wide receiver might be better than Harrison he's awesome.

I'm not calling for Franklin to be fired because the reality is who are we going to replace him with that has a proven record of success.

This is the new era of college football with the NIL, while it lasts, until its unionized.

I'll take the ten wins. Not that I am satisfied. But for all the **** this program went thru in the last decade. Good season. On to next year and I have faith in our players.

Shalom.

PS: We aren't PITT

Charlie1978

Dec 8, 2022
we probably win this game against a really good team. Their wide receiver might be better than Harrison he's awesome.

I'm not calling for Franklin to be fired because the reality is who are we going to replace him with that has a proven record of success.

This is the new era of college football with the NIL, while it lasts, until its unionized.

I'll take the ten wins. Not that I am satisfied. But for all the **** this program went thru in the last decade. Good season. On to next year and I have faith in our players.

Shalom.

Agreed, we aren't Pitt! but as my other posts point out, our coaches are not in-game elite talent. Against the best teams on our schedule they are Narducci peers.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

Shalom.

You haven’t learned…when Ohio State loses, it’s because they had too many opt outs, when FSU gets embarrassed, it’s because they had too many opt outs, when PSU loses, it’s because Franklin didn’t do his job and get his second team ready to play. Because we all know our second team should be better than Ole Miss’s starters. We’re Penn State after all, the program that never had a bad season until James Franklin came along and screwed it all up.

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
You haven’t learned…when Ohio State loses, it’s because they had too many opt outs, when FSU gets embarrassed, it’s because they had too many opt outs, when PSU loses, it’s because Franklin didn’t do his job and get his second team ready to play. Because we all know our second team should be better than Ole Miss’s starters. We’re Penn State after all, the program that never had a bad season until James Franklin came along and screwed it all up.
I’m often critical of CJF, but I agree that yesterday‘s loss isn’t on his shoulders. There was really nothing to point to that would shift the blame to him.

I think the kids who played yesterday really played hard. There was a ton of effort that I saw. But the opt-outs did us in, especially in the secondary. That’s what makes this situation a sad one.

Ole Miss is a good team. Would we win with 100% participation? Maybe not. But we definitely can’t win shorthanded.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I’m often critical of CJF, but I agree that yesterday‘s loss isn’t on his shoulders. There was really nothing to point to that would shift the blame to him.

I think the kids who played yesterday really played hard. There was a ton of effort that I saw. But the opt-outs did us in, especially in the secondary. That’s what makes this situation a sad one.

Ole Miss is a good team. Would we win with 100% participation? Maybe not. But we definitely can’t win shorthanded.

Agree - we had a true FR CB on their best receiver. And we pulled two of our top defenders in the second half so they wouldn’t get injured. Not a great way to have to play.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

Well said…it’s not just the number of opt outs that hurt us, it’s who opted out. It made us weak in the areas of Ole Miss’s strengths. I also think some posters aren’t giving Ole Miss enough credit, they’re every bit as good as Bama this year.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021

aaaaaannnndddd, that is not the control group, OSU, um, usc ,O and wash are the control group. May as well say “at least we’re not Rutgers“ FFS man, be better #9-3

Reactions: ps_1294

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021

Defensively, yes, they were put into a quandary with both King and Dixon being out. Kiffin went to those spots over and over again like he should have. But what's the excuse on offense? That Ole Miss defense was very capable of giving up big numbers as it had happened a number of times this season (49 to LSU, 35 to aTm, 52 to UGA).

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Defensively, yes, they were put into a quandary with both King and Dixon being out. Kiffin went to those spots over and over again like he should have. But what's the excuse on offense? That Ole Miss defense was very capable of giving up big numbers as it had happened a number of times this season (49 to LSU, 35 to aTm, 52 to UGA).
True about the offense, that’s my only real issue is that I think we could have ran the ball effectively throughout the game, but chose to throw too much too early.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021

Shalom.

I think what fsu players did was say we should have been in the cfp. Because you were pressured to put in sec team we will opt out. FSU sticking it to the committee.

Reactions: Midnighter

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
I wonder how much the op outs counted? You could have had Prime covering their wide outs. They just made amazing catch after amazing catch and didn’t drop any easy ones. When you can’t move the ball and score great talent at the receiver position eventually burns you.

Reactions: Bison13

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Agree - we had a true FR CB on their best receiver. And we pulled two of our top defenders in the second half so they wouldn’t get injured. Not a great way to have to play.
And, maybe the TV here in Archbold was different from others. But, my son and I were very impressed by the passes and catches being made by the Ole Miss players. Some of those passes would have been difficult for King and Dixon to defend IMO. Didn’t the TE have 3-4 outstretched one arm catches?

Yes, Penn State was at a disadvantage, but I’ll be happy to give Ole Miss Q and receivers much credit.

OL

JakkL

Oct 12, 2021
Our defense is predicated on stopping the run and forcing the pass so we can attack. Well, Miss wanted to pass and Dixon was the difference in this game. He made throw after throw after throw that were perfectly placed. In this situation the O has to hold up its end of the bargain and they fell woefully short.

I wouldn't be sad if ALL our non-freshman WRs portaled out. They are bad and worst of all don't play hard. They get jammed and then half *** a route. They go 3/4 speed a little. Don't cut hard. When I coached my sons youth basketball team I tried very hard to get kids NOT to find the guy defending them, but many times they'd run down court and cross sides to engage their defender. Our WRs do that sometimes against zones. It's crazy. I'm willing to give Hagans 1 more year, but that's it.

ChandlerPearce

Jan 23, 2022
Our defense is predicated on stopping the run and forcing the pass so we can attack. Well, Miss wanted to pass and Dixon was the difference in this game. He made throw after throw after throw that were perfectly placed. In this situation the O has to hold up its end of the bargain and they fell woefully short.

I wouldn't be sad if ALL our non-freshman WRs portaled out. They are bad and worst of all don't play hard. They get jammed and then half *** a route. They go 3/4 speed a little. Don't cut hard. When I coached my sons youth basketball team I tried very hard to get kids NOT to find the guy defending them, but many times they'd run down court and cross sides to engage their defender. Our WRs do that sometimes against zones. It's crazy. I'm willing to give Hagans 1 more year, but that's it.
To be honest Cam Miller was targeted and he didn't get much help. You wrote how our receivers get jammed.....so why didn't we jam their good receiver and disrupt their timing?

Last edited: