If Cincinnati wins out…..

psu31trap

Oct 29, 2021
A quick question for the playoff experts. If Cincinnati wins out can they still be passed over by another team due to strength of schedule? If yes, will this not only push the narrative to move towards 8 team playoff post season but demand it in 2022?

Last edited:

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
I think it comes down to the SEC Championship game. If Bama beats Georgia, I'd say both get in the playoff as a 1-loss SEC over Cincinnati. That also assumes Ohio State and Oklahoma win out.

Reactions: Bison13

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
I think it comes down to the SEC Championship game. If Bama beats Georgia, I'd say both get in the playoff as a 1-loss SEC over Cincinnati. That also assumes Ohio State and Oklahoma win out.
I think they get in. I never underestimate Saban but from what I have seen so far there is Georgia and everyone else this year.

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
I think they get in. I never underestimate Saban but from what I have seen so far there is Georgia and everyone else this year.
That's probably true. The real "what if" is a scenario where Oklahoma loses. They've had a lot of close calls this season already. If they slip up, does Cincy get the edge in the committee's eyes? Also, from what I watched today, I wouldn't be surprised to see Michigan State go undefeated and win the Big Ten. They may have what it takes to knock off OSU this year.

Cigarowl

Oct 22, 2021
It’s possible that an undefeated Wake Forest wins the ACC. In that case between them and Cincinnati who would you expect to make the championship game. Of the two I think Wake Forest’s schedule is stronger.

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
It’s possible that an undefeated Wake Forest wins the ACC. In that case between them and Cincinnati who would you expect to make the championship game. Of the two I think Wake Forest’s schedule is stronger.
Right. The ACC completely skipped my mind. If Wake wins out, I would think they'd have to get the bid.