If this team had any fire in their gut to win this game

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
recovering the on-side kick to start the 2nd half should have been the momentum changer they needed to kick start a comeback win.
To me, most of the team looked sluggish and very lackadaisical in their efforts. Rattler, Leggette and Boo are not included in that group.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Could’ve been, but we dropped 2 consecutive passes. One was a difficult catch. The other was routine (on 4th down).

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
That AB drop was huge. Who knows what would have happened if we convert there.
If Brown catches that ball, we probably get inside the 20 and the most likely scenario would’ve been:

1st Down: Handoff to Joyner for no gain

2nd Down: Quick pass to Joyner in the flat for no gain

3rd Down: Rattler sacked for an 8 yard loss

4th Down: Maybe we actually kick the FG here??

Reactions: cockyferg

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
recovering the on-side kick to start the 2nd half should have been the momentum changer they needed to kick start a comeback win.
To me, most of the team looked sluggish and very lackadaisical in their efforts. Rattler, Leggette and Boo are not included in that group.
Yep. I thought I’d see a 2010 team tonight instead it was a 2015 team

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
The recovery was nice and I was thinking what we needed to turn the game around. But the offense couldn’t capitalize on it. Then UNC came back and scored to put us away. I have to admit that UNC just has a better team. Bigger, faster, stronger, more motivated as a collective group….
We seemingly have so many issues . No offensive line. Defense is not up to pare. No run game at all…. We are in trouble.

Reactions: mickray and CWW

BackinSC

Feb 16, 2022
This team reminds me of the 1966 Sports illustrated college football issue. They listed the teams in alphabetical order in each conference. When you read the comments on Wake Forest it simply read: No offense; no defense; no hope!

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I've been waiting for someone to claim we just can't compete for the kind of talent that UNC can get. The only way that could be half true is if our recruiting hype has been smoke and mirrors and a great PR department.
The recovery was nice and I was thinking what we needed to turn the game around. But the offense couldn’t capitalize on it. Then UNC came back and scored to put us away. I have to admit that UNC just has a better team. Bigger, faster, stronger, more motivated as a collective group….
We seemingly have so many issues . No offensive line. Defense is not up to pare. No run game at all…. We are in trouble

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Could’ve been, but we dropped 2 consecutive passes. One was a difficult catch. The other was routine (on 4th down).

That fourth down drop of a well thrown pass reminded me exactly of the key pass and catch in the 1st drive vs. TN last year which led to our first TD. One play can change the complexion of a game very easily, if you let it.
Make that catch and it could have played out as a different game entirely. However, I do think our big linemen we were not physically prepared for this game, and it may not have made any difference. Hope it can be fixed.

Last edited:

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
South Carolina rushing total for the game... 31 carries for -2 yards!

Mic4usc

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Jan 22, 2022
That AB drop was huge. Who knows what would have happened if we convert there.
I wrecked my brain over that drop… how we could’ve won if only… but I had to just realize how small the margin is for this team. I think the offense only has a shot if we are only down by 1 score. If opposing D doesn’t stay on their heels we are done.

kidrobinski

Jan 30, 2022
In reference to the thread title, you could see we were not ready when we came out the tunnel before the game. Football is a game of passion and desire; UNC had it, we were there to play not to lose. Team leadership appears to be lacking.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
In reference to the thread title, you could see we were not ready when we came out the tunnel before the game. Football is a game of passion and desire; UNC had it, we were there to play not to lose. Team leadership appears to be lacking.
That seems to be a job for the coaches. Getting the team ready to play isn't the responsibility of the team.

mickray

May 20, 2023
This team reminds me of the 1966 Sports illustrated college football issue. They listed the teams in alphabetical order in each conference. When you read the comments on Wake Forest it simply read: No offense; no defense; no hope!
That was 57 years ago. Nice recollection.!