I'm sorry, but I stop caring for the Men's Basketball team since last year..

Jan 21, 2022
I like Frank as a person, but as a basketball coach... Not so much.. Yes, the team is doing better, but when we lose a game, Frank talks about how young we are and last time I looked in the last 10 season, we seem to be a young team that can't play the basic fundamentals of basketball..

Tanner will not make a move this year because he doesn't have the balls to do so.. I really believe that Tanner views Basketball as a bridge between Football and baseball.. If Frank can have a break even season, 3 game under 500 or maybe a winning season with a NIT bid, then you can bet your bottom dollar, Frank will be back...

I will support the players, but I just don't care to tune in or go watch them in person at this time... I'm sure I'm not alone on this thinking and feeling about the basketball program...

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
I appreciate your opening the thread. We should always want our team to beat whomever they play. We should always want our program to get truly better over the long haul. So we are on the horns of a dilemma.

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
I was taught many years ago it’s not always easy to be a gamecock, Sparky Woods helped us understand this on a whole new level, then came along the guy before Champ. I can see where Frank might be an acquired appreciation or lack of but we have certainly had worse in our history.

Reactions: RUMMENIGGE
Jan 21, 2022
I was taught many years ago it’s not always easy to be a gamecock, Sparky Woods helped us understand this on a whole new level, then came along the guy before Champ. I can see where Frank might be an acquired appreciation or lack of but we have certainly had worse in our history.

When I was kid growing up in the 60's, Frank McGuire was Carolina Basketball... Nothing matter... Go out side and play hoops, wore #11 jersey... But, I grew up poor and made my own #11 Jersey with a marker and a white t-shirt... (Side note, I did the same thing with a Captain Kirk shirt) But, I used to watch the games on a black and white TV, and it looked like the TV camera was put in the rafters.. The quality was small, far away, hard to see on TV, but you can tell when John Roche had the ball.

Fast foward to the end of Frank McGuire coaching career, I cried, got mad and turn my back on Carolina... But, I couldn't stay mad with the Baseball and football programs.. Went to Carolina in 1981, walked on with the football program and then Carolina fired Coach Carlen in December and hired a back stabber Richard "Dick" Bell..

Getting back to the basketball program, Carolina ended up hiring Bill Foster (side notes, Same name as the Clemson basketball coach, what are the changes that happened? And you can blame Carolina for Duke success in basketball, hiring Mike Krzyzewski. I bet a board member couldn't spell Krzyzewski or say it for the reason we didn't hire a young coach..)

Then came George Felton, Eddie Fogler and Dave Odom had good success, but nothing like NCAA Final Four under Frank Martin 2016-2017 season, but after that... Crappy baseball! Martin never used that NCAA Final Four run to build the program, but sat back talked about his run... Martin is a lazy coach and recruiter.. Never really tied to go after the basketball players... Because of Frank Martin, I really don't care for the men's basketball program because the University doesn't care about the men's basketball program..

If Tanner wants to make History in the NCAA, he needs to fire Frank Martin and hire Dawn Staley as the next Men's basketball coach and she will bring back Frank McGuire style basketball to Carolina...

Dawn has always wanted to coach in the NBA, this is her shot to poke a finger at the NBA's eye and coach the men's program her at Carolina.. I really don't think the NCAA has a women's coach, coaching at the men's level, not even those liberal a$$ schools who made a move like that, that I know of.

Hire Dawn Staley for the South Carolina Men's Baseball program and great things will happen for everyone at Carolina...

Last edited:

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
I attend some men's games. I watch some men's games. I read about some men's games. I always pull for our men's team.

I want to desire to go to many, watch many, follow obsessively. But, I always pull for our men's team.

Frank's a fine fellow. I don't like Frank's court demeanor. I'm not crazy about the way he likes to play. It's hard to pull for floor Frank. But, I always pull for the men's team. Nice win tonight. Go gamecocks.

Jan 21, 2022
I attend some men's games. I watch some men's games. I read about some men's games. I always pull for our men's team.

I want to desire to go to many, watch many, follow obsessively. But, I always pull for our men's team.

Frank's a fine fellow. I don't like Frank's court demeanor. I'm not crazy about the way he likes to play. It's hard to pull for floor Frank. But, I always pull for the men's team. Nice win tonight. Go gamecocks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we won, but this program needs more consistency after that great run since that wonderful Final Four run. Frank has been here for about 10 years, and yet he really hasn't moved the needle like Dawn has for the women's program.

I just don't have the energy to spend on the men's program, but I will say this... Last time I said something like I stop caring for the program and said put a fork into the team, they're done... They made that great Final Four run... Just saying.. :D :ROFLMAO: