Insurance companies

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
I should be the last person to comment on insurance companies right now. We had a pipe burst behind the wall which of course spilled out water ruining our hardwood floors on the main floor. Now the hoops they are making us go through just to have our floor replaced.
Maybe I'm not in good hands.

Last edited:

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Had a similar problem with the water company destroying by driveway to repair a water line break they took responsibility for. The insurance company/adjusters depreciated the value of a perfectly functional driveway due to age so that the payment of the claim was less than the cost to restore me to a prior to damage condition with a functioning driveway.

RevRuss

Feb 2, 2022
I've had State Farm for most of my adult life (I'm 72). Several claims including house partly burning down. Always paid fast and fair - they do like paperwork. You cannot expect to "save $347 a month" and get same service. You get what you pay for. Disclaimer: My SF agent was my deacon and good friend but has little control over claim's 800 calls.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Had a similar problem with the water company destroying by driveway to repair a water line break they took responsibility for. The insurance company/adjusters depreciated the value of a perfectly functional driveway due to age so that the payment of the claim was less than the cost to restore me to a prior to damage condition with a functioning driveway.
You should sue the water company for the difference. You have been damaged and need to be made whole.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I've had State Farm for most of my adult life (I'm 72). Several claims including house partly burning down. Always paid fast and fair - they do like paperwork. You cannot expect to "save $347 a month" and get same service. You get what you pay for. Disclaimer: My SF agent was my deacon and good friend but has little control over claim's 800 calls.
I've seen State Farm really go the other way on claims in the last year or so. They used to be one of the best out there but that's changed quickly.

Reactions: Prestonyte

accock

Jan 22, 2022
Fire Devil GIF by Hoelledueuefel

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022

not just fishy but very fishy!
mainstream media lukewarm reporting (unlike Katrina reporting)

water off
power on
no warning sirens
no verbal warnings for hours when there was time to escape
roads closed when warning was given
delayed emergency response
inadequate emergency response
land grab under way from developers/gov't
Maui being treated like not part of United States