Is it just me?....

LongTimeDukeFan

All-Conference
Nov 20, 2009
4,424
1,714
97
I find that I am really pretty happy with being a fan of Duke. I am really proud of how the team did this past season.
  • We played short-handed
  • Lost key leadership with Amile on the sideline
  • Did well in the tournament
  • We lost our PG to transfer

Now this shouldn't be a surprise, but what is weird to me is that, in general, I think Duke fans are happier than our rivals -- UNC.

What do I mean by that?

Well this past season UNC:
  • Ended up in the championship game
  • Was ranked in the end higher than Duke
  • And somehow seems to avoided any real punishment from their prolonged academic scandal
I think we were happier with our team last season AND we certainly ought to be happier with next season. Seems UNC just forgot how to be happy.

Or is it just me?
 

Willcampbell

All-Conference
Oct 20, 2004
2,480
2,137
0
I find that I am really pretty happy with being a fan of Duke. I am really proud of how the team did this past season.
  • We played short-handed
  • Lost key leadership with Amile on the sideline
  • Did well in the tournament
  • We lost our PG to transfer

Now this shouldn't be a surprise, but what is weird to me is that, in general, I think Duke fans are happier than our rivals -- UNC.

What do I mean by that?

Well this past season UNC:
  • Ended up in the championship game
  • Was ranked in the end higher than Duke
  • And somehow seems to avoided any real punishment from their prolonged academic scandal
I think we were happier with our team last season AND we certainly ought to be happier with next season. Seems UNC just forgot how to be happy.

Or is it just me?
Uh....no. it's not just you.
OFC
 

gottagonow

All-Conference
Apr 14, 2010
4,838
2,739
0
There's no doubt that most of the THR clowns would tell the non Tar Holees fan that they are very happy with their team and the current state of affairs in Chapel Hill. If the truth could be known they always seem to be trying to convince others and basically themselves how much they love their players and coach and how lucky they are to be Tar Hole fans. Sure thay almost grabbed the golden ring last season but remember that nothing short of a championship could salvage what has happened to them in the last 5 years to right the ship They just are not getting the recruits they go after and Duke is the master the rivalry.
 

dukehokie

All-American
Jun 27, 2005
19,624
6,220
113
She convinced herself that she was happy too...

 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Football Watch: New Big J & Little J Show breaks down this weekend's romp and the first 4 games
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Under the Lights: 5-star prospects battle it out in Oklahoma
  3. 03 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 4
  4. 04 Devils Illustrated Football My Take on Others: Trying to rerack isn't so simple
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Recruiting Duke Commit Tracker: How the Blue Devils’ Class of 2027 played in Week 6