Is my math right?

RuSnp

All-Conference
Jan 14, 2004
3,525
3,033
0
I know things can change but as of now it looks like we have 12 (!) Q1 opportunities the rest of the way? And Wisc and Purdue @ home right on the cusp themselves.

At least we can't say we won't have opportunities to improve the resume.

Having Minn as a potential Q4 to end the season a bit scary though. USC at home not looking great either.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SBP

PhillyRU

All-Conference
Apr 17, 2021
1,065
1,742
96
I know things can change but as of now it looks like we have 12 (!) Q1 opportunities the rest of the way? And Wisc and Purdue @ home right on the cusp themselves.

At least we can't say we won't have opportunities to improve the resume.

Having Minn as a potential Q4 to end the season a bit scary though. USC at home not looking great either.
12 is right! Bracketologists gives a pretty easy visual breakdown. A little scared by Minnesota too, we have no matchup for Dawson Garcia and they play super slow
 
  • Like
Reactions: RuSnp

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,349
180,612
113
I know things can change but as of now it looks like we have 12 (!) Q1 opportunities the rest of the way? And Wisc and Purdue @ home right on the cusp themselves.

At least we can't say we won't have opportunities to improve the resume.

Having Minn as a potential Q4 to end the season a bit scary though. USC at home not looking great either.

Large majority on road..only ucls illinois michigan at home
 

PiscatawayMike

Heisman
Jul 27, 2001
17,473
15,490
113
I like the fact a good portion of our Q1 opportunities are on the road. Heck, winning on the road is tough against a Q2, Q3, and even a Q4 team.

Might as well get highly-regarded Q1 road wins. Honestly, I believe two Q1 road wins are better than three non-Q1 road victories.
 

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,349
180,612
113
I like the fact a good portion of our Q1 opportunities are on the road. Heck, winning on the road is tough against a Q2, Q3, and even a Q4 team.

Might as well get highly-regarded Q1 road wins. Honestly, I believe two Q1 road wins are better than three non-Q1 road victories.
I will take wins at Oregon and Maryland over wins at Northwestern and Nebraska anyday of the week
 
  • Like
Reactions: RutgersClassof2004

PiscatawayMike

Heisman
Jul 27, 2001
17,473
15,490
113
I will take wins at Oregon and Maryland over wins at Northwestern and Nebraska anyday of the week
Of course, anyone would. 🙂

...but would you take two wins @Oregon and @Maryland over three wins @Northwestern, @Nebraska, and @Washington?

The point I'm getting at is, say we go 10-0 at home, I think it's better to win two Q1 games than three non-Q1 games on the road.
 

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,349
180,612
113
well I dont want to lose at Washington because even if its Q2 loss that one still might be perceived as a "bad loss" given where the Huskies figure to land in the Big 10 standings

I would give up a win vs Purdue at home for a road win at Oregon

I think RU needs two big time road wins in the upper half of Q1
 
  • Like
Reactions: needmorecowbell

RutgersClassof2004

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2020
3,450
3,255
113
My personal bar is no worse than top 4 in conference play. Anything less and they are out. For all the preseason talk, now's the time to show it. Finish Top 3 in the Big Ten.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers vs Indiana odds: Point spread released on Scarlet Knights, Hoosiers
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Every throw from Rutgers Football QB Dylan Lonergan versus Howard
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Football PFF Grades + Snap Counts versus Howard
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Postgame Show: Howard Bison Edition - TKR Pod
  5. 05 On3 Football How to Watch College Football: TV schedule, start times, streaming info for Week 4 games