Is the O line that bad, or.....

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Is it a scheme issue? Or a talent issue? We don't recruit THAT bad.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
All of the above. We have some good recruits coming in. But to give up 9 sacks is always bad. It’s especially bad when that’s over half of the total sacks the team had ALL of last season.

It’s problematic all around.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
A guy from Yale and a guy from Charlotte were better than anyone Beamer had recruited in 2 years. And both got their asses handed to them all night long. Lee has struggled the whole time he’s been here. Beamer hasn’t been able to recruit over him. What’s puzzling is that we just went and gave the job to Teasley instead of just replacing Adkins.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I'm afraid we will be replacing O Line coordinators and O coordinators every year till we get a good one.

Reactions: Jonesz2

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
From my point of view…. The OL is going to get Rattler killed and it’s a safety issue at this point. Someone needs to step in. If not from the University, then the NCAA. An actual civil liability issue if he gets hurt. They were (or are) that bad.

Last edited:

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
From my point of view…. The OL is going to get Rattler killed and it’s a safety issue at this point. Someone needs to step in. If not from the University, then the NCAA. An actual civil liability issue if he gets hurt. They were (or are) that bad.
I wanted to laugh, your post was funny. But it was also frighteningly true.

One announcer did question if Rattler would make it through the season with this line.

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
I wanted to laugh, your post was funny. But it was also frighteningly true.

One announcer did question if Rattler would make it through the season with this line.
I meant it as a joke and being serious. I feel Rattler is really easy pickings of being sacked and just kind of at the opposing teams mercy.

I hope Beamer can clean this up in a week.. eep!!! Not sure how he will go about that. But he is being paid millions and millions to do so. Sooo… yea I expect miracles!

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecock stock

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I meant it as a joke and being serious. I feel Rattler is really easy pickings of being sacked and just kind of at the opposing teams mercy.

I hope Beamer can clean this up in a week.. eep!!! Not sure how he will go about that. But he is being paid millions and millions to do so. Sooo… yea I expect miracles!
He should get his Hall’s gift cards back from the OL.

Reactions: LBGCOCK

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
I'm afraid we will be replacing O Line coordinators and O coordinators every year till we get a good one.
I can live with the OC for now! However, I think we need new RB and OL coaches. Also, need a DC who will be allowed to build his staff!! 👀

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
Rewatching the game there’s at least one whiff on every series. We may just be fat, dumb AND stupid as the saying goes.

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
A guy from Yale and a guy from Charlotte were better than anyone Beamer had recruited in 2 years. And both got their asses handed to them all night long. Lee has struggled the whole time he’s been here. Beamer hasn’t been able to recruit over him. What’s puzzling is that we just went and gave the job to Teasley instead of just replacing Adkins.
You’re making me mad because you’re right.

Cocky Hobbit

Joined Dec 15, 2014
Feb 1, 2022
Why can’t we learn from last year? We had the same problem and cured it when we went with a two tight end set and simplified the blocking scheme. We also added an h back. Another approach would be the zone/read but we don’t want Spencer running that much.

BackinSC

Feb 16, 2022
Do you think the o-line took offense to the gift cards? Like you got a G-Wagon and we get Hall’s gift cards? Hell naw’!!!!!
Looks like to me the OL and DL is spending too much time at the training table rather than the weight room.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Why can’t we learn from last year? We had the same problem and cured it when we went with a two tight end set and simplified the blocking scheme. We also added an h back. Another approach would be the zone/read but we don’t want Spencer running that much.

This is a very good question. The OL looked like this early last year, and changes were made. Did we really need to suffer through the whole game before thinking g to try those same things?

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Rattler is probably having some regrets about returning after last night.

DHS

Joined Dec 1, 2004
Feb 2, 2022
When you have a bad offensive line going up against an average defensive line in practice everyday the end result is what happened last night . We were dominating on both lines of scrimmage !

Reactions: Cocky Hobbit

DHS

Joined Dec 1, 2004
Feb 2, 2022
When you have a bad offensive line going up against an average defensive line in practice everyday the end result is what happened last night . We were dominating on both lines of scrimmage !
Dominated on both lines of scrimmage

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
OL is that bad. Whether it is coaching or player awareness, it is bad. You pick up inside out on pass pro, but when you slide in to help a guy who is taken care of and allow the end to run free, is inexcusable. Not like it was a delay either.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
First couple of drives their DT's ran through double teams to make tackles. you could clearly see them shaking their head like they already knew it was going to be a long night against softness. OL may be the worst I have seen here.
And, it did appear they knew our playbook.