Is there a way to buy bowl tickets without having to deal with freakin' Ticketmaster?!

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
I've had way too many bad experiences with them & want no part of having to go through their charges & antics.

Yemacock

Joined Apr 6, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
You might try finding out it you can buy them in person and where that is?

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
You might try finding out it you can buy them in person and where that is?
At this point, through my research, the only place I've found for this is at Raymond James Stadium on the day of the bowl. Don't care for that risky option. In this day & age of tickets being on the phone, it's hard for the stick-in-the-mud folks like me that would much prefer hard tickets like the good ole days.

Yemacock

Joined Apr 6, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
At this point, through my research, the only place I've found for this is at Raymond James Stadium on the day of the bowl. Don't care for that risky option. In this day & age of tickets being on the phone, it's hard for the stick-in-the-mud folks like me that would much prefer hard tickets like the good ole days.
I understand that but why are you buying tickets now and we don't even know if that's where our bowl will be until Sunday. I would suggest looking at lodging unless you live near it. You can cancel that within a set time. If your tickets are for the wrong game are you going to sell them online or something?

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
I understand that but why are you buying tickets now and we don't even know if that's where our bowl will be until Sunday. I would suggest looking at lodging unless you live near it. You can cancel that within a set time. If your tickets are for the wrong game are you going to sell them online or something?
I'm a very proactive person.

Spurman54

Joined Apr 19, 2003
Jan 20, 2022
I've had way too many bad experiences with them & want no part of having to go through their charges & antics.
If you know someone in the Gamecock Club you can ask them to buy you a ticket on their membership and then reimburse them.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Actually, back in the early 2000s, I and many of my Gamecock brethren (who were not Silver Spur or higher donors) would buy tickets to both the Outback Bowl and the Citrus Bowl while waiting to hear to which one we were headed. This was how I usually ended up with lower-level seats around the 30 or 40 yard line instead of sitting in the endzone or upper deck where most of the Gamecock Club member were located. Because both the Outback and Citrus featured SEC teams, getting rid of the unused tickets were never a problem - I once sold my 4 tickets to the Citrus Bowl to a random Tennessee fan inside Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Of course, this was back when South Carolina and our Big Ten opponent would each bring 25,000 - 30,000 fans to a Central Florida bowl game - well before those games were considered "meaningless."

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
You could look at buying a "membership" for the respective bowl, but it's going to mean paying significantly more for your ticket - but you will end up with better seats than what you'll get through the Gamecock Club.

And, yes, Ticketmaster is the worst. They rank right up there with cable companies and airlines.