Jonathan Paylor has made his decision

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'm probably doing too much reading of the tea leaves, but everything he says sounds like he just borrowed comments from Stewart following his commitment here:

"The love is still consistent. The people are very caring, so they kind of sold my mind on that, so now I’m just sitting here waiting till Friday. Paylor said for his part, the closeness he felt to the coaching staff is why he chose the school he will announce for. 'The family part,' Paylor said. “The family part played a huge deal into my recruitment."

FWIW, he said he made his decision with his parents about 4 days after his last official visit here on June 23 and hasn't wavered on it since then. He has not informed the coaches of his decision.

Reactions: Prestonyte
Jan 18, 2022
I'm probably doing too much reading of the tea leaves, but everything he says sounds like he just borrowed comments from Stewart following his commitment here:

"The love is still consistent. The people are very caring, so they kind of sold my mind on that, so now I’m just sitting here waiting till Friday. Paylor said for his part, the closeness he felt to the coaching staff is why he chose the school he will announce for. 'The family part,' Paylor said. “The family part played a huge deal into my recruitment."

FWIW, he said he made his decision with his parents about 4 days after his last official visit here on June 23 and hasn't wavered on it since then. He has not informed the coaches of his decision.
I got the impression from the last video with Chris, GC would still cover but NCSU is expected.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I got the impression from the last video with Chris, GC would still cover but NCSU is expected.

He said he made his decision at the end of June and hasn't changed his mind since then. We were the odds-on favorite at that time. Some have said NC St has made up ground and potentially overtaken us in the last month, but that would not be true if he made up his mind at the end of June and hasn't changes his mind since then.

All that said, nobody actually knows WHAT he was thinking in June. Shoot, maybe he'll end up picking PSU.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
Second coming of Ace Sanders. I'll never forget those punt returns. Weh we would stop teams on third down during the Ace era it was pure adrenaline. There was always the thought of flipping the field if not a run back.
OFFENSIVE Football if you know what I mean.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022

Good stuff!

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022

The Gamecock Central insiders are still saying they believe NC State is the decision, for what that's worth.