Just got back to Savannah…

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
Expected a little more urgency out of AU, but we simply got our asses kicked on both LOS. It is now apparent that we lack talent, this is mostly on Gus. I really like Bryan Harsin, but you cannot lay an egg in the most important game of your career. He showed zero GAF, and cannot recruit at the level needed. He simply isn’t the guy, won’t be there long, like probably the bye week. He didn't get much help from the PTB, but he never tried to help himself either.

I need a reason for warm and fuzzies. If you had a great experience in Auburn (other than kicking our asses), I like to hear it. If you don’t, GFY…. 🙂

**Tried to warn some of you about the hotels in Opelika off of 85. Should all be condemned, can’t blame AU for that trucker cesspool. Downtown Opelika doesn’t suck.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I wanted Penn State to beat Auburn so badly that Harsin has to win all of the remaining games to save his job, and does. I’m still hoping for it to play out like this.

My wife and I loved the campus and especially the hospitality from the fans. We must have heard “welcome to Auburn“ about 100 times. My wife is a HS guidance counselor so she loves to visit campuses. She is also a UVA grad and routinely mentions how the UVA campus was voted most beautiful in the country. She was very impressed by the beauty of the campus and charm of downtown near Toomers corner.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I wanted Penn State to beat Auburn so badly that Harsin has to win all of the remaining games to save his job, and does. I’m still hoping for it to play out like this.

My wife and I loved the campus and especially the hospitality from the fans. We must have heard “welcome to Auburn“ about 100 times. My wife is a HS guidance counselor so she loves to visit campuses. She is also a UVA grad and routinely mentions how the UVA campus was voted most beautiful in the country. She was very impressed by the beauty of the campus and charm of downtown near Toomers corner.
Also, if I told you that the majority of the coeds and even milfs that I saw were very attractive and didn’t include a photo of said coed or milf, then I would be in violation of board rules. So, I’m not going to tell you that the coeds and milfs that I saw on Saturday were some of the most attractive I’ve seen. Nope, I’m not going to say that.

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
Also, if I told you that the majority of the coeds and even milfs that I saw were very attractive and didn’t include a photo of said coed or milf, then I would be in violation of board rules. So, I’m not going to tell you that the coeds and milfs that I saw on Saturday were some of the most attractive I’ve seen. Nope, I’m not going to say that.
1663546655497.gif

republion

Oct 29, 2021
Auburn adults were absolutely fabulous. “Welcome to Auburn” was heard over and over again. We absolutely loved the campus and the festivities. Of course, the youth have some growing up to do. We heard many younger people shouting “Sandusky” comments to me and my wife. Simply uncalled for.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Expected a little more urgency out of AU, but we simply got our asses kicked on both LOS. It is now apparent that we lack talent, this is mostly on Gus. I really like Bryan Harsin, but you cannot lay an egg in the most important game of your career. He showed zero GAF, and cannot recruit at the level needed. He simply isn’t the guy, won’t be there long, like probably the bye week. He didn't get much help from the PTB, but he never tried to help himself either.

I need a reason for warm and fuzzies. If you had a great experience in Auburn (other than kicking our asses), I like to hear it. If you don’t, GFY…. 🙂

**Tried to warn some of you about the hotels in Opelika off of 85. Should all be condemned, can’t blame AU for that trucker cesspool. Downtown Opelika doesn’t suck.
Hopefully you're back up to Happy Valley for a playoff game in a couple of years. I'll buy you a drink or 10. 😉

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
Auburn adults were absolutely fabulous. “Welcome to Auburn” was heard over and over again. We absolutely loved the campus and the festivities. Of course, the youth have some growing up to do. We heard many younger people shouting “Sandusky” comments to me and my wife. Simply uncalled for.
Ya, it’s hard to govern dumbass kids. Happens everywhere, and it saddens me. If I ever saw my kid doing that it wouldn’t be pretty. He’s 10, knows I’d kick his ***, Southern Style. Sorry that you and your wife had to hear that stuff. It’s stupid, and quite frankly, easy and lazy.

ManxomeLion

Aug 24, 2017

Harsin seems to be level headed and a consummate professional. I guess it comes down to whether he's lost the confidence of players or recruits. Real change takes time and patience, something typically in short supply in the world of college football.

That game got away from Auburn early in the 3rd quarter. It seemed that without the threat of the run, the match between Auburn's QB and passing attack against PSUs secondary favored Penn State. Reminded me of how one dimensional PSU was last season with an injured QB and no ground game to speak of.

Harsin could have stuck with the ground game but perhaps he'd then just be vilified for not having a sense of urgency.

You've been a great poster here, good luck to Auburn the rest of the way.

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
Harsin seems to be level headed and a consummate professional. I guess it comes down to whether he's lost the confidence of players or recruits. Real change takes time and patience, something typically in short supply in the world of college football.

That game got away from Auburn early in the 3rd quarter. It seemed that without the threat of the run, the match between Auburn's QB and passing attack against PSUs secondary favored Penn State. Reminded me of how one dimensional PSU was last season with an injured QB and no ground game to speak of.

Harsin could have stuck with the ground game but perhaps he'd then just be vilified for not having a sense of urgency.

Appreciate that brochacho. He’s in over his head unfortunately. Auburn is a hard gig. We are in a Starheadded hell. Bammer, UGA, Clemson, etc….

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
I think it is hard to tell how good Auburn is simply because they don't have a QB. In big time college ball, like the SEC, if you don't have a QB you will struggle. I suspect AU has the talent to be a really good team if they just had a solid QB, I was surprised to hear the announcers say their three QBs are all transfers. I wonder what happened to their recruits? Did they miss on their guys? Injuries?

Reactions: wile e coyote

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
I think it is hard to tell how good Auburn is simply because they don't have a QB. In big time college ball, like the SEC, if you don't have a QB you will struggle. I suspect AU has the talent to be a really good team if they just had a solid QB, I was surprised to hear the announcers say their three QBs are all transfers. I wonder what happened to their recruits? Did they miss on their guys? Injuries?
Yes

NB4PSU

Oct 30, 2021

THIS! Really enjoyed this post... speaks to what I saw (really thought it was a very even game (imo, leaning auburn for much of the first half) but we made some nice adjustments at the half and caught (and made) a couple breaks and took over in the 3rd.

I think they have some pretty good players but will need more out of their QB's in particular to meet the SEC head on. And yes, it was nice to have some posters here from Auburn who displayed class and made you feel good about the kids on the other side of the ball.

OK, back to work... michigan is a month away.

ps_1294

Oct 12, 2021

I didn’t get to this game, but tailgated for 1.5 hours with about a dozen Auburn fans last year. Good people. Strong supporters and gracious guests. They invited us to come down for golf and football.

My experience is most alumni fans really enjoy hosting, meeting and talking to fans of different programs. Some of the students get a little too alcoholicly induced macho and cross the line. Some of the non alumni fans (sometimes referred to as Walmart Wolverines) also think they own the place. But the real alumni and donor type fans love PSU and want everybody to enjoy the experience and speak in positive terms about the campus, the town, the stadium, the program and, of course, the fans.

I have visited Auburn in the 80’s for some engineering meetings. The town and campus are beautiful and the people were great. We’ll see “Y’all” on down the road.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Referees conferring on potential Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty ...

Stay tuned ...

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
We had only one of those instances, but it wasn't an "in your face" kinda thing. Group of students walking behind us loudly mentioned Sandusky where you know it was simply meant for you to hear and not part of their conversation.

Interestingly, the only altercation we did have was with some Penn State fans on Friday night at one of the bars. Guy 3 stools down for some reason keeps looking at me and finally says "you're drink order was really cute."
I said "What?".
He said "your drink order. It's cute."
I said, and honestly said it without a hint of malice...."if Capt Morgan's and coke is "cute"...ok"
To which he for some reason took offense and said i was a ******* a**hole.
One of the other folks with me turned to him and said "you're the one minding our business, you're the ******* a**hole".

The bartender intervened, and recognizing who the antagonist was told him to knock it off.

I did, and I honestly regret the possible escalation, but couldn't resist saying when leaving.... "you're making fun of my drink, but you're drinking Coors Light. Who's holding your purse while you drink that?"

I thought they might follow us out of the bar, but didn't.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
One of the other folks with me turned to him and said "you're the one minding our business, you're the ******* a**hole".
Did he say that he was a Navy Seal and that you must respect his service?

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
We had only one of those instances, but it wasn't an "in your face" kinda thing. Group of students walking behind us loudly mentioned Sandusky where you know it was simply meant for you to hear and not part of their conversation.

Interestingly, the only altercation we did have was with some Penn State fans on Friday night at one of the bars. Guy 3 stools down for some reason keeps looking at me and finally says "you're drink order was really cute."
I said "What?".
I said, and honestly said it without a hint of malice...."if Capt Morgan's and coke is "cute"...ok"

The bartender intervened, and recognizing who the antagonist was told him to knock it off.

I did, and I honestly regret the possible escalation, but couldn't resist saying when leaving.... "you're making fun of my drink, but you're drinking Coors Light. Who's holding your purse while you drink that?"

:ROFLMAO:

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021

I said "What?".

Captain? Morgan? 🤐

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021

I said "What?".

OK, so bear with me as my leash is not so long or my pocketbook so large that I simply haven't been to too many bars lately but is Captain Morgan and Coke considered a girly drink?

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
OK, so bear with me as my leash is not so long or my pocketbook so large that I simply haven't been to too many bars lately but is Captain Morgan and Coke considered a girly drink?
Probably, but while it might make me "cute" it shouldn't make me a "******* a**hole"

Reactions: Got GSPs

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021

Mt Daughter is at SCAD - Savannah is another really nice Southern Town and the lack of an open container law helps as well.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Probably, but while it might make me "cute" it shouldn't make me a "******* a**hole"

Potential other responses (keep these in your pocket the future)

1. It's not a Captain Morgan and Coke. It's a Cuba Libre.
2. It gets the taste of your girlfriend's pu$$y out of my mouth.
3. You are drinking a Coors Light? Did they run out of wine coolers for you at the fraternity mixer, Becky?
4. ***Throwing it in his face*** - well, looks now you are drinking it too.
5. Yeah - tell your mom I will replace her bottle of Captain Morgan's next time I come over to bang her.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021

3. You are drinking a Coors Light? Did they run out of wine coolers for you at the fraternity mixer, Becky?
5. Yeah - tell your mom I will replace her bottle of Captain Morgan's next time I come over to bang her.
I was in a small Caribbean restaurant and they didnt any decent beers to choose from so I ordered a Cuba liber. The waitress (also the bartender) said that she’d figure out how to make one. She was very relieved when I told her it was a rum and coke.

Reactions: PSU87

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021