Just rewatched 2016 PSU-OSU game….

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
I had just bought my first house the weekend before. My parents were helping me set everything up the weekend of that game. We were all sitting in front of the TV going absolutely wild when Grant scored. My intro to my neighbors was me and my Dad screaming our heads off. One of my best PSU football memories.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
I nearly decapitated myself because the ceiling fan is right above where I sit in my TV room so when he scored, I jumped.

I feel like we need to have weather conditions be similar to the NW game in order to even the playing field a bit. But there's a lot of things to happen between now and then.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Can’t help but think we have much more talent now than we did then. Question is the talent differential for OSU from then to now?

What a great night that was. “Grant Haley will score!”

Hard to say. With the exception of a bonkers 2019 recruiting class (ranked 21 overall per Rivals), Ohio State's recruiting classes leading into the 2022 game are ranked 2, 2, 21, 5, 2. The five classes leading into 2016 were ranked 11, 4, 2, 3, 9. I think their current team probably beats the 2016 team 8/10 games.

Reactions: PSUJC40

Chatz5531

Oct 7, 2021
I was there that night. It was a glorious game, perhaps the best sporting experience I've been part of. The stadium was electric. Went with my brother and mom. Truthfully, didn't think we'd hang with them, but the team was fired up and played lights out and fed off of the crowd's energy the whole game. Getting goosebumps right now just typing this. There's a 'highlights' reel on YouTube from that game (about 16 minutes long) that I watch from time to time.

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
Can’t help but think we have much more talent now than we did then. Question is the talent differential for OSU from then to now?

In some areas I agree we have more talent today but in others the 2016 was better. Probably the 2022 DL and OL are better. I think just about everyone would agree that Trace was a better QB than Sean. WR would be a glaring weakness in 2022 vs 2016 when we had Godwin, Hamilton, Thompkins and Blacknall. And of course RB as our two FR are not yet at Saquon-Miles level. As good as this year's secondary is, in 2016 we had 6 future NFL DBs - Haley, Allen, Apke, Scott, Reid and Amani. And Christian Campbell and Malik Golden were very good players IMO. Brandon Bell was also probably better than any current PSU LB. All that said, from top to bottom, I would agree the current roster is more talented.

Fed83

Oct 31, 2021

Chris Godwin Gesiki, and Barkley were unbelievable talents. We have more all around talent now but our top talent falls short of the 2016 stars.

Reactions: ODShowtime

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
It was a good win and one we hadn’t had in years due to sanctions.
I will take the 2005, 1997, 1994 wins over that one. I think this game sets up more like 1997 comparison.

Reactions: MaconNitt

MaconNitt

Oct 12, 2021
It was a good win and one we hadn’t had in years due to sanctions.
I will take the 2005, 1997, 1994 wins over that one. I think this game sets up more like 1997 comparison.
I heard it was a fluke win ;)

Manofsteel200

Oct 27, 2021
We were living in Chicago at the times and we were at a large outdoor party watching the Cubs in the playoffs. They would not change the channel so we left, drove home and brought it up on the computer in my office. My wife and I jumped around and cried during and after that play. I love my school and love our football program. Simple as that.

olelion

Oct 31, 2021
I was kicking back getting chemo pumped through my body watching that game at home. I'll never forget that one. I remember a friend calling me near the end of the game and me saying they're gonna pull this off! On one of my visits to the oncologist where I got my pump filled I met a guy who was on his way to the Rose Bowl. He was from Loveland, Co. and his son had played for PSU (Or Joe as he stated it in the early 2000s).

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I was kicking back getting chemo pumped through my body watching that game at home. I'll never forget that one. I remember a friend calling me near the end of the game and me saying they're gonna pull this off! On one of my visits to the oncologist where I got my pump filled I met a guy who was on his way to the Rose Bowl. He was from Loveland, Co. and his son had played for PSU (Or Joe as he stated it in the early 2000s).

Glad you're here to tell the tale.

Reactions: jp3272