K and Team USA

Quavarius

Heisman
Aug 12, 2009
175,654
22,058
113
Do you guys think K's stepping down has allowed recruiting to take off?
 
Last edited:

timo0402

Heisman
Feb 24, 2009
13,868
13,709
57
I don't think it has made a huge difference, we were doing quite well when he was the coach.
 

Liftee

All-American
Mar 6, 2011
3,201
5,514
113
From what I've read, Capel has taken the lead in recruiting, and I'm sure he emphasizes Coach K's knowledge and prestige. I am sure that considering Coach K's age, less wear and tear on him will give him more energy for coaching Duke and recruiting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tlass and dbav

denniden

All-American
Mar 8, 2005
5,980
6,753
0
I don't think it has made a huge difference, we were doing quite well when he was the coach.
Better than at any time before K's appointment to team USA. The only thing that changed is philosophy IMO. K began to embrace more than one OAD at a time and that opened up chances for more of the top talent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Quavarius
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Basketball Duke dodges injury scare and other Countdown takeaways
  2. 02 Devils Illustrated Basketball Live coverage: Countdown to Craziness
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Basketball Basketball preview: Duke vs. Duke (Countdown to Craziness)
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Recruiting Intel: Duke, BYU & others building momentum around 2027 five-star prospects
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Australian point guard Luke Paul commits to Duke