Kerk

Oct 31, 2021
Other board talking about Seth being back and Kerk won t be ready for Dec College duals. Anyone have any info. Of course the poster is being cryptic . He knows something we don t and also used “lol” when talking about Kerk. Not cool if kid is sick or hurt. Could it be covid positive ? Hope it s not serious injury . This is getting old. I love Seth ! but we need a healthy Kerk and DH in March to make a NC run imo. Seth is great and could AA. But Kerk top 3 imo. Anyone w any info.?

Oct 31, 2021
Other board talking about Seth being back and Kerk won t be ready for Dec College duals. Anyone have any info. Of course the poster is being cryptic . He knows something we don t and also used “lol” when talking about Kerk. Not cool if kid is sick or hurt. Could it be covid positive ? Hope it s not serious injury . This is getting old. I love Seth ! but we need a healthy Kerk and DH in March to make a NC run imo. Seth is great and could AA. But Kerk top 3 imo. Anyone w any info.?
Let s pray Kerk ok and for his health. He s a person first, wrestler second . He s someone s son. He deserves our respect. Not to have his health talked about flippantly , cryptic and w “ Lol”s. That poster should really take a look at himself in the mirror. Disgraceful.
No intelligence agency on the planet can crack the Cael code.
Not about Cael s code. It s about treating Kerk and the PSU wrestling team/ family w dignity. Let s just hope he s ok long term. Last I ll say on the topic.

Oct 31, 2021
Let s pray Kerk ok and for his health. He s a person first, wrestler second . He s someone s son. He deserves our respect. Not to have his health talked about flippantly , cryptic and w “ Lol”s. That poster should really take a look at himself in the mirror. Disgraceful.

Not about Cael s code. It s about treating Kerk and the PSU wrestling team/ family w dignity. Let s just hope he s ok long term. Last I ll say on the topic.
Again , our main concern is Greg s health. Period. Prayers to him and his family. Whatever the situation .

But to update, a poster on the other board just said his son started throwing up during the Penn match . Went back to the locker room and was ready to go if needed. Greg s Dad , Dr. Kerkvliet has posted their
before.
A Very smart man and a gentleman like his
son. I assume this is him wanting to clear the air. This is great news. My best wishes to Greg and his family ! We always will have your back no matter what .Thanks for all you do for PSU! Most importantly , get well Greg. C. Bev.

Ernie Ladd

Oct 31, 2021
Mr. Kerkvliet commented on that thread. He says Kerk was very sick (literally vomiting during the match) but still pushed to go against Penn. Cael basically said no. He's doing a lot better now and he will be ready for Florida.

Bottom line, it wasn't true.

I did not know that Kerk was that sick (not that I have a right to know), but I admire the young man for being willing to go for the team. I just hope that this team can rid itself of this nasty flu, and everyone is feeling better. It seems as though it has lingered for quite some time.

PAgeologist

Oct 19, 2021
I did not know that Kerk was that sick (not that I have a right to know), but I admire the young man for being willing to go for the team. I just hope that this team can rid itself of this nasty flu, and everyone is feeling better. It seems as though it has lingered for quite some time.
Of all the places for the flu to hit, a wrestling team has to be the worst. Impossible to practice without contact. Some wrestlers may have weakened immune systems due to cutting weight. It's basically a big petri dish. Not a surprise it hits many teams hard and takes forever to move along.

PAgeologist

Oct 19, 2021
Mr. Kerkvliet commented on that thread. He says Kerk was very sick (literally vomiting during the match) but still pushed to go against Penn. Cael basically said no. He's doing a lot better now and he will be ready for Florida.

Bottom line, it wasn't true.
Mr. K didn't seem very happy he had to comment to clear the air after it was implied Greg may be out for an extended period. I don't blame him, but it's also a part of normal message board speculation to some extent.

Oct 31, 2021

Bottom line, it wasn't true .
Mr. K didn't seem very happy he had to comment to clear the air after it was implied Greg may be out for an extended period. I don't blame him, but it's also a part of normal message board speculation to some extent.
It was more than just speculation . Implied? It was intentionally misleading and having a good time by the poster at a kid s expense regarding his “health”. Cowardly and Borderline malicious. Read the thread , he s almost giddy. No place for that ********. The father was right to quash it. I d be angry too. As I said before , Kerk is a person first w a family. He and his family deserve respect . I mean he was talking about the kids health and or a serious injury like he was discussing the weather. I have no time for people like that. Let s not enable him . It s just not ok. You have to wonder how much of a PSU fan he is. Says a lot about his character. He needs to reflect on his actions and grow up. I d be happy to help him. Sorry but don t mean to rant on you just saying we can be better than that. C. Bev.

PAgeologist

Oct 19, 2021
It was more than just speculation . Implied? It was intentionally misleading and having a good time by the poster at a kid s expense regarding his “health”. Cowardly and Borderline malicious. Read the thread , he s almost giddy. No place for that ********. The father was right to quash it. I d be angry too. As I said before , Kerk is a person first w a family. He and his family deserve respect . I mean he was talking about the kids health and or a serious injury like he was discussing the weather. I have no time for people like that. Let s not enable him . It s just not ok. You have to wonder how much of a PSU fan he is. Says a lot about his character. He needs to reflect on his actions and grow up. I d be happy to help him. Sorry but don t mean to rant on you just saying we can be better than that. C. Bev.
You know what, I did re read the thread and you're right. And I recall him posting similar BS in the past, maybe not to that extent though. He likes to make everyone think he is an insider, but he's nothing more than a poser.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Wasn't a good look on the other board. Can't wait to see your son kick butt Mr. K. and kick the flu. When I had the yaks I went on the BRAT diet - Bacon, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. I think it was bacon. You can never get too much bacon.

EddyS

Oct 25, 2021
Shame on you.

Oct 31, 2021
Shame on you.
?. You trying to start something? Mistake. This was posted when the poster “started” playing games. Before he hinted wrongly at Kerk being out for the season . My concern is the kid s health and someone playing games w it to make himself feel important. It got To the point where Dr. Kerkvliet had to intervene and set the story straight to protect his son. U r ok w that? Then shame on you! My wrestling comments are opinion . I have nothing but respect and appreciation for “all” our wrestlers . You ve obviously never been an athlete at a high level - i m gonna stick up for Kerk or any of our guys when ppl disrespect them . They deserve better then the treatment Kerk got.
Shame on you. I m a gentleman so I wont tell you what I want to say to you . This is a public board to discuss wrestling. So stay away from the personal stuff. Be a man.

Oct 31, 2021
?. You trying to start something? Mistake. This was posted when the poster “started” playing games. Before he hinted wrongly at Kerk being out for the season . My concern is the kid s health and someone playing games w it to make himself feel important. It got To the point where Dr. Kerkvliet had to intervene and set the story straight to protect his son. U r ok w that? Then shame on you! My wrestling comments are opinion . I have nothing but respect and appreciation for “all” our wrestlers . You ve obviously never been an athlete at a high level - i m gonna stick up for Kerk or any of our guys when ppl disrespect them . They deserve better then the treatment Kerk got.
Shame on you. I m a gentleman so I wont tell you what I want to say to you . This is a public board to discuss wrestling. So stay away from the personal stuff. Be a man.
Also, don t take my first post out of context . Read my subsequent posts as the thread developed . You may actually learn something about sports and life. stick to talking about wrestling. I hope you take the advice and it helps you. All the best.

Oct 15, 2021
Couple things.
  1. You're an anonymous person on trying to start a fight because you feel another anonymous person on the internet doesn't think you respect the athletes enough so you need to go on a rant to say how just how respectful you are? This is accomplishing nothing.
  2. If you really do respect the athletes why did you put all in quotes. That implies you don't actually respect all the athletes.
  3. If you do feel the need to rant, can you at least do it so it's readable? This looks like something I'd read in an AIM chatroom in 2002...with less punctuation.
  4. Does everyone really need to get this upset about this? This is a thread based on another thread based on speculation on an athlete's health. Yeah the original poster was wrong, but it's far from the first time there has been incorrect speculation about an athletes health. It's pretty much all anyone talked about when Sauriano and Nolf got hurt.
  5. If people take the time to post on relatively obscure messages boards about a niche sport, can we just assume they respect the athletes? Or do we have to start every post with "I respect all Penn State wrestlers and their health and well being are my top concern."
And now here I am ranting about a rant. We need more matches.

Reactions: Cobrapilot
Oct 31, 2021
Couple things.
  1. You're an anonymous person on trying to start a fight because you feel another anonymous person on the internet doesn't think you respect the athletes enough so you need to go on a rant to say how just how respectful you are? This is accomplishing nothing.
  2. If you really do respect the athletes why did you put all in quotes. That implies you don't actually respect all the athletes.
  3. If you do feel the need to rant, can you at least do it so it's readable? This looks like something I'd read in an AIM chatroom in 2002...with less punctuation.
  4. Does everyone really need to get this upset about this? This is a thread based on another thread based on speculation on an athlete's health. Yeah the original poster was wrong, but it's far from the first time there has been incorrect speculation about an athletes health. It's pretty much all anyone talked about when Sauriano and Nolf got hurt.
  5. If people take the time to post on relages boards about a niche sport, can we just assume they respect the athletes? Or do we have to start every post with "I respect all Penn State wrestlers and their health and well eing are my top concern."
And now here I am ranting bou a rant. We need more matches.
1) I read your rant. Agree w some of your points. Others? It s not the speculation it s the manner in which it was done. That s the whole point. You are right. Debating this stuff accomplishes nothing. Your writing style is well organized but somewhat robotic. You ll never be confused w James Joyce. ( I m kidding) . Punctuation is over rated! Lol I loved your grammar advice and heart felt compliments on my impressive, talented writing style .

2) Allow me one point. Quotes or no quotes. After reading posts like the one in question , that s not respect. So to make a blanket statement that anyone who posts on a board ( niche sport ? or not) does so w respect is being a lil naive imo. We can disagree on my need to say respect the athletes etc. in reaction to the situation , that s fine . However, for that I will not apologize.
Forgive me . I guess I just debated a point after saying there is no point in doing so.

3) Perhaps emotion got the best of me. I over reacted. For that I apologize . From my perspective , I reacted to someone starting up w me. No malice was intended to anyone. If there was then I m human, regret it and apologize. I learned from this and meant no harm. Time to move on. I want to talk wrestling!

4) In conclusion , yes we need more wrestling. Actually , your post gives me a different perspective from when I was caught up in the moment . I am sincerely grateful for that and thank you .

Happy Holidays . Merry Christmas. Be well and yes let s move on to more wrestling !
Take care and God Bless.

Oct 31, 2021
1) I read your rant. Agree w some of your points. Others? It s not the speculation it s the manner in which it was done. That s the whole point. You are right. Debating this stuff accomplishes nothing. Your writing style is well organized but somewhat robotic. You ll never be confused w James Joyce. ( I m kidding) . Punctuation is over rated! Lol I loved your grammar advice and heart felt compliments on my impressive, talented writing style .

2) Allow me one point. Quotes or no quotes. After reading posts like the one in question , that s not respect. So to make a blanket statement that anyone who posts on a board ( niche sport ? or not) does so w respect is being a lil naive imo. We can disagree on my need to say respect the athletes etc. in reaction to the situation , that s fine . However, for that I will not apologize.
Forgive me . I guess I just debated a point after saying there is no point in doing so.

3) Perhaps emotion got the best of me. I over reacted. For that I apologize . From my perspective , I reacted to someone starting up w me. No malice was intended to anyone. If there was then I m human, regret it and apologize. I learned from this and meant no harm. Time to move on. I want to talk wrestling!

4) In conclusion , yes we need more wrestling. Actually , your post gives me a different perspective from when I was caught up in the moment . I am sincerely grateful for that and thank you .

Happy Holidays . Merry Christmas. Be well and yes let s move on to more wrestling !
Take care and God Bless
To you as well!
Thank you .

Reactions: Dogwelder

Dogwelder

Oct 8, 2021

Take care and God Bless.
If a goal is for people to like this forum as much or more than they like the other forum, posts like these are not going to get the job done. :) #badradio

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
With parents on the board, we can clear up what we can without losing our security clearance.
Mr. Brooks, without violating your security clearance, can you tell us what happens when your son and Carter get after it? I’m going to go out on a limb and say that AB is one of the very few guys that CS has trouble with, and I’ll bet that’s been a key to his success (and has probably helped AB too). You hang with AB, you’re going to do OK. Got any video of the two of them rasslin’ in the grass last year during the pandemic? That’d be fun to see! Hope AB is feeling better and excited for another run! Watching him is pure joy - strong, smart, patient, technical, fierce (when needed), let’s his wrestling do the talking, a gentleman - what am I missing? And he’s improving too - which is scary!

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
Mr. Brooks, without violating your security clearance, can you tell us what happens when your son and Carter get after it? I’m going to go out on a limb and say that AB is one of the very few guys that CS has trouble with, and I’ll bet that’s been a key to his success (and has probably helped AB too). You hang with AB, you’re going to do OK. Got any video of the two of them rasslin’ in the grass last year during the pandemic? That’d be fun to see! Hope AB is feeling better and excited for another run! Watching him is pure joy - strong, smart, patient, technical, fierce (when needed), let’s his wrestling do the talking, a gentleman - what am I missing? And he’s improving too - which is scary!
Liked your post. Truly. Would love to hear Mr. Brooks’ response. Seriously.
*Please lose the term ‘rasslin’. Signed Ban Basketball.

Latest posts