last time Sean Clifford hit a deep pass?

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
I think his last deep ball was v Nova. he certainly has not been able to hit a deep ball in the last two games. if we are being held down running with 7=8 guys in the box, shouldn't deep plays be more available? is Sean not able to throw deep now after the Iowa injury?

Reactions: NL2017

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
I think his last deep ball was v Nova. he certainly has not been able to hit a deep ball in the last two games. if we are being held down running with 7=8 guys in the box, shouldn't deep plays be more available? is Sean not able to throw deep now after the Iowa injury?

They're not using 7-8 guys in the box to stuff the run.

Reactions: PSUFTG

Thorndike2021

Oct 12, 2021
Cliff voted most likely to overthrow a small country.

And he has the yips! I get it, he's running for his life at times. But when he has time he's hurrying his throws most of the time. Lack of confidence in this OL is understandable. But man is it frustrating to watch.

Reactions: GregInPitt

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Cliff voted most likely to overthrow a small country.

And he has the yips! I get it, he's running for his life at times. But when he has time he's hurrying his throws most of the time. Lack of confidence in this OL is understandable. But man is it frustrating to watch.
Looked pretty good right there TD!!

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Good question. I saw #13 drop one today. I also thought Clifford looked healthy today.

Reactions: Bison13

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
What’s your point? He hit the deep ball
Exactly. If I was given $50 for every time I have seen a QB miss a wide open receiver while trying to throw it on a line, I could take one heckuva vacation. Clifford threw it correctly by putting air under the ball. Too bad Warren didn’t do that on the pass to Clifford in OT against Illinois.

PSU_Drew

Oct 25, 2021
I thought Clifford looked solid yesterday, especially considering where he was two weeks ago. I was impressed that in a few instances where someone came through unchecked, he found some quick outlets in the flat to gain a few yards rather than a sack (the 7 yard toss/loss to Lovett in the first series aside). However, I also recall at least a few times seeing him not under pressure throw a designed screen in which the pass was poorly placed and the receiver had to noticeably adjust to catch it, losing what would have been valuable YAC. With a lackluster running game, these short, designed passes need to be more consistently on the mark.