Latest Crystal Ball

Oct 31, 2021
To increase debate and interest. Trying to guess what March will look like.
Some take aways from Willy s analysis :
Iowa leads team race by 1 . Iowa 124 PSU 123. Ok State 88.
125 #3 Vito eventually winds up here? We ll c. Suriano #2 representing ??? #6 DH PSU ! This is key.
133 Fix 1 RBY 2
141 #1 Nick!
149 Beau blood round - Willy says call him crazy but Beau will make an impact in March. I can t agree more!!!! We got your back Beau! #1 Yianni
157 no PSU . Imo Oh Willy have some faith! Lol
Carr 1 Deakin 2 Kaleb Young 8. This Wght is prime for points. Let s get our situation straightened out. Joe , TB, ?
165 Facundo blood rd! Willly s setting us up here imo. Alex is coming strong! Blood rd my ***! AA!
174 #1 CStar
184 #1 AB
197 #6 Dean ( where would you guys put Beard?) thoughts?
285 #5 Kerk. That s right Kerk u r at 5. No respect . Go get em!
Fun to speculate!
But let s let the process play out!
I m focusing on us. Penn, Lehigh next.
Let s Go!!!!!

Reactions: PSUer1989

ptomaselli

Oct 6, 2021
125 #3 Vito eventually winds up here? We ll c. Suriano #2 representing ??? #6 DH PSU ! This is key.
133 Fix 1 RBY 2
141 #1 Nick!
149 Beau blood round - Willy says call him crazy but Beau will make an impact in March. I can t agree more!!!! We got your back Beau! #1 Yianni
Carr 1 Deakin 2 Kaleb Young 8. This Wght is prime for points. Let s get our situation straightened out. Joe , TB, ?
165 Facundo blood rd! Willly s setting us up here imo. Alex is coming strong! Blood rd my ***! AA!
174 #1 CStar
184 #1 AB
Fun to speculate!
Let s Go!!!!!
Dean was #2 last time he competed. I think he's top 3 at least.

Oct 31, 2021
133 Fix 1 RBY 2
141 #1 Nick!
174 #1 CStar
184 #1 AB
Fun to speculate!
Let s Go!!!!!
Dean was #2 last time he competed. I think he's top 3 at least.
I d agree. He s Up at 197 . Intermat has him at 4 behind Ferrari, Bonacorsi , and Warner. So absolutely I d take Max ! More importantly first 3 matches he passes the eye test. looks on a mission . Great character and tough! Impressed by his aggressive and varied approach esp on top. Turning ppl like he s a beast. He s upped his Arsenal for sure and is benefiting from the competition w Beard and our room/ coaching . Bonus guy now imo . Capable of 1,2 . Why not? Elam and Amos I think r being under rated by many. Curious your and others thoughts on where you d put Beard? All the best and Happy Holiday! Can t wait fir Penn / Lehigh!
Let s Go!

Oct 31, 2021
I know Fix is a popular pick at 33 this year, but it’s quite possible, given what we’ve seen from him recently including last year’s final, that he has some bottom issues in folk style. Also, give me Max Dean finishing higher than 6, for starters.
Agree and agree. Fix looked unreal at Sr Worlds FS! ( this many assume he wins NC ) but I like RBY in folk this year. RBY doesn t get enough credit for his top game and strength . Looked like Wght mgt an issue w Daton ? Looked tired in final. It s close. Respect opinions of those who like Fix but we ll know in March. I say bring it! Key will be seed! And yes Dean undervalued at 6. W the crystal ball I c these as opportunities for points! Willy low balling the PSU guys! Lol . Happy T giving!

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
The small sample size of seeing Dean wrestle this year. I like hisnZain like punishing rides .I would not be surprised if he beats both Warner and Bonacorsi. Not sure about AJ. If Dean doesn't wrestle and Beard does I think he could beat them as well on his feet. Warner and Bonacorsi are not dominating, unbeatable wrestlers.

EddyS

Oct 25, 2021
I'm not giving up on 157. Someone is going to step up and at least qualify IMO.
I think we need better than that. We had 4 weights with holes: two of those appear to have been filled, but we have to fill the other two imo- 57 and 65.

jack66

Oct 31, 2021
I think we need better than that. We had 4 weights with holes: two of those appear to have been filled, but we have to fill the other two imo- 57 and 65.
I did say at least.

I think though we can get away with one weight with 0-2 points. 5+ from each is not our of question IMO.

Oct 31, 2021
So a minimum of 9 scoring wrestlers?! And thus, the bar has been raised.
Lol. I think the “ rule” is it s 8? or was that 7 ??? Kidding.
But that s how we should approach the lineup. This year more parity , less points for NC team imo. Must put ourselves in best possible chance for points in March at “all” wghts. Every point vital. Look at last year! 4NCs, 2AAs . 125,149 NQ. Brady s and Joe s situation? This is what the season is all about: Max ur Qualifiers, seeds, bonus and developing our guys to improve and peak come March. It s gonna be exciting !
I still trust the process , our staff and team. Many will snicker but 10 should be our “ goal”. We may fall short . Yes it s hard but that s what we should strive for. Excited to watch our team grow and be ready . Then we go for it. That s what we do. Win. Yes Iowa won last year. Hats off to them but now we battle ! I sense too many moral victory type attitudes . Cael develops great young men , teaches them life s lessons and how to succeed in life. And wins , the right way. Period .
Programs will have to adapt to the transfer portal and NIL( to a lesser extent) or get left behind. PSU and Penn State wrestling have so much more to offer ! Cael like all great coaches knows all this and will cont to do things the right way and make us the programs others look up to. It s a dynamic environment and he ll adapt- he is . That s his job.
Let s Go. Can t wait till Penn and Lehigh!
We are………..